replacement kyosho electronics? + picture of my Spider MZM

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

replacement kyosho electronics? + picture of my Spider MZM

Post by pimpsmurf »

Is there anywhere I can get a replacement kyosho PCB? In the process of taking off my FET stack, I ripped out 2 of the pads. I have it hooked up to the traces right now, but pads are a good thing. Would an iWaver board be a direct replacement? And are they still around?

(bragging rights?)

*EDIT* New stuff *EDIT*

Mini-Z Monster w/
Spider FET Turbo w/ heatsink and 5v regulator for the mainboard (with heatsink :) )

Kyosho:
Lowdown shocks and springs set (hard front, soft rear)
Alloy front and rear shock mounts (gunmetal, soon to be deanodized)
Titanium screw set
Clear chassis (waiting on new lipos before I mod and mount it)
Hard tire foam
Mini Pin Tires (not mounted yet. Good for grass?)
clear front gearbox (alloy gearbox gave me trouble. strike 3 to GPM)
SP Pinion Gear Set (Delrin) For Overland (mvw10. should work with the monster if placement is correct. I can always trim if need be)

GPM:
Alloy:
rear gearbox blue
main gear cover blue
motor heatsink blue
rear bumper blue
5 point wheels silver
front and rear lower suspension bars blue

Titanium:
16BB diff blue (delrin diff & gear)(woot)
Main gear
king pin set
hinge pins for lower suspension arm
knuckles (0 degree) blue
tierod (0degree) blue
servosaver blue
road radials x4
40 degree slicks x4

Plus sealed metal bearings (gunbutter lubed), plasmatomic, uberdash, and custom motors. Minizracer.com extended antenna. 550mah lipo power (hideaway, sort of =)...

soon to come, gpm ribbed tires x4, nelly deluxe, MZR dry racing bearings (maybe), clear rear gearbox (I want the clear main gear cover for my alloy rear gearbox! has anyone found somewhere with them except italy?75 euro minimum order my ass), and lastly a kyosho mad killer white body for custom paint and special cooling mount. I am planning to use a Thermal Take fan I have to suck filtered air from the top of the body and blow through pipes +flex hose into portholes on the armature (and maybe onto the comm also for my plasmadash. That would be so :cool: )

With ribbed tires on the front, and slicks on the back, it should be a nice looking machine when I'm done with it!

I like it a lot. I can't wait to tighten up the new diff.

-JNY
Last edited by pimpsmurf on Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Forum Rules

* First, have fun. Fun does not include attacking another individual or group of individuals. Well, okay - we admit, sometimes it does. Just remember, you better be able to take what you can dish out.
* Second, please do not post "huge images". By this we mean, try and keep the image dimensions (width x height) no larger than 600 x 600, this also means you should try to optimize your images, that is, keep the file size (kilobytes) low. All this will help for a more enjoyable forum and faster forum for everyone. Most all computers have at least a basic image manipulation program, find it, and use it.
Shrink the pic asshole. :evil:
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

Sometimes I forget that my digital camera owns... asshole? take a chill pill. Everything will be "alright". :-D

-JNY
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

You should know better. I shouldn't even have to say anything about pic sizes.

All you have to do is read your post after you post it. It should have never been left that way.

Thanks for fixing it. :-o
mod_o_matic
bitThug

Post by mod_o_matic »

Can we get a close up on that spider and all the other nice parts?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

you can order a miniz pcb from rcmart if you're happy to spend $64 + shipping. but if it's working now then leave it alone.
an iwaver pcb will swap out fine but it's a drop in quality. the iw steering isn't as good as kyosho.
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Way too much alloy. better send it to me. I'll dispose of it properly. ;)
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

Crazydave: lmao. As we speak, I'm putting my left overs/over orders on ebay cheap. search for gamecocksrocks in an hour or so.

Betty.k: I guess I'll go look again... $64+S&H? Sounds like a deal! =) To damned with iWaver stuff.

sg: I was in an extreme hurry to get out the door because my girlfriend showed up to pick me up right as I was about to post. "Muh-Bad G"

mod-o-matic: Want a picture of the spider as it is now? hehe

two new ones are in the mail today (1 terminal block version because I'm cool. I had the honors of getting the first ever to eat itself (apparently the forward N-channel MOSFET was bad. Even with all that damage, the car still works in reverse.)

I'm trying to get minizracer to order two front and two rear clear plastic gearboxes. I'm going to put 1 clear main gear cover on my alloy monster, and build a clear plastic monster. It should be killer. =)

-JNY
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I hate not seeing a pic on one screen. I hate scrolling!!!

Its all cool now. :-o
Aaron
bitPlaya'

Post by Aaron »

Yeah bit of a shame... It's our first DOA - well it did live for like enough time to light up the room ;)

But a working reverse at least shows the damn thing will work :)

On the PCB front I just ordered a new Kyosho MR02 board - they're not cheap anywhere (whether you buy in Japan, HK or USA) - but I just had to have brproper brakes for my new project....

A.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

"light up the room"

LOL! It took two days to clear out the roasted silicon smell! It did finally go away though!

In regards to my roasted spider, Ausmicro replaced it at no charge. Of coarse, I ordered another (getting sent back to ph2t in australia which is funny. Around the world in 21 days!), and now my friend is ordering one since he down with the 1:24 monster truck madness!

I'm really impressed with Kyosho. They really have it going on when it come to design and production. I've yet to own an i-waver, but my friend is ordering one as we speak. =)

Mad props to everyone at ausmicro (especially Aaron). Those guys really have customer service down to a science. He has been extremely helpful with this and the other issue I had (which was my fault).

Salute!
-JNY

P.S. Who I am not impressed with is rcfuck, I mean rcmart and gpm. The front alloy gearbox from GPM is hit or miss. Some people have issues, and others don't. They freaking drilled the clearance for the servo gears off center so it binds. stupid. I recieved an initial response about it, but no resolution (I doubt they will really do anything since I already deanodized it trying to solve my problem. drat) Now I'm resorting to a clear front gearbox (with a spare because I hear they break pretty easily).
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

pimpsmurf, if you ask nicely I'm sure cabo will enable a gallery here for you to host pics for the bitpimps forum.

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

That would be killer. I won this and when I get the rubber groove tire set and the front clear servo gearbox (+ titanium hinge pins and 12 ball titanium diff :) in finally, my car is going to deserve a serious photo session. I think I'll do some photoshop too. =)

-JNY