I hate toyeast

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
sessiz
bitPimp

I hate toyeast

Post by sessiz »

Cuase I'm broke. :sad:

Still though some of yall might be interested in this here...

http://www.toyeast.com/v3/pdtdetail.asp ... =A02100705

I still haven't gotten a monster and seeing this all in one cheap ass alloy hop up set is fuckin killing me. :-(

My only respite is that they prolly suck. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

I've heard they are pretty ok if you are going to use the stock TX. I went kyosho though (because I was dumb. what are brakes anyway?)

*EDIT* I must have been drunk *EDIT*

-JNY
Last edited by pimpsmurf on Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
MotorGong
bitNinja

Re: I hate toyeast

Post by MotorGong »

sessiz wrote:Cuase I'm broke. :sad:
I hear ya man.

That is perty, though.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

well someone's gotta be the arsehole :-)

word on tha shreet is the iw alloy stuff is excellent quality, and like 1/4 the price of other brands too! :sad:

http://www.ausmicro.net/v3/topic.asp?TO ... Bigfoot%29
i used to be cool
payaso
bitPimp

Re: I hate toyeast

Post by payaso »

sessiz wrote:Cuase I'm broke. :sad:

Still though some of yall might be interested in this here...

http://www.toyeast.com/v3/pdtdetail.asp ... =A02100705

I still haven't gotten a monster and seeing this all in one cheap ass alloy hop up set is fuckin killing me. :-(

My only respite is that they prolly suck. :-)

That's just the parts though, and not the truck too right? That's a sweet deal if it's the truck with it.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

Yes. the alloy is sweet. Especially the kyosho-like damper mounts.

However, i-waver oil shocks suck ogre ass.

I spend $60 on my kyosho brand alloy damper mounts... mother *@#$!#... :?

$15 would have done the same thing, and I could have even got them in blue instead of gunmetal. :sad:

-JNY
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I picked up some of that alloy for my IW04 and IW02 when it first came out. It was FREE S&H.

IT's good stuff and looks great. :-o
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

I got my kyosho oil dampers, GPM servo gears, and 1 degree knuckles today. Damn it took forever to get those servo gears in, and I still have some sort of binding problem. If I tighten the servo case down, it binds hard. Loose for now, but I have to fix this before I race on the 7th.

Anyway, I put a gpm rear mount in place of my kyosho mount, and put the kyosho mount on the gpm mount (ala ph2t) and mounted the oil dampers to the kyosho mount (middle hole). You want to talk about ugly? jeez. gunmetal and blue do not go well together on my blue and yellow truck. I guess it will have to do for now. Waiting on my nelly deluxe and 3cell 700mah lipo to get here, and then I'm going to be seriously booking. It handles like a dream now, but I've yet to take it outside. Just cutting donuts on the hardwood ATM.

I've got some binding in drivetrain too. I thought it was the stock diff gear, but I replaced it with a gpm delrin gear and still have a little clicking... especially when going from reverse to forward. I've taken everything apart, and it all seems to be ok. I'm running pretty new bearings, so I doubt it is that. Plus when I spin the wheels in reverse with my hand, it seems to get caught on something. It doesn't seem to matter if I use the stock 12 tooth pinion, or the overland 12 tooth SP pinion. The only thing that seems to make sence is the rod going through the titanium GPM gear seems to be too short, and doesn't seem to go into both bearings very far. it ends up being all the way in one, and perhaps not in the other at all. I can't tell with it closed.

*sigh*

Pictures of my new paintjob on a madforce white body, and my slick chassis with custom alloy upper suspension arms coming soon. Hopefully, I will figure this out. It's really bugging me because all of the gears look fine. no missing or worn teeth. drat.

-JNY