Updated MZM pictures in the album

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Updated MZM pictures in the album

Post by pimpsmurf »

sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

People put links to their galleries in their sigs. :roll:

In other words...

If your gonna pimp your shit, PIMP IT!!

Post the pics and tell us about it.

Don't make people look for it.

Waste of a post IMO.

Nice truck.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

alright.

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGa ... 0Hatin.JPG (Image unposted until resize)

Some highlights:
3 cell 850mah lipo w/ nelly deluxe (not yet installed) and plasmatomic (perhaps a 21 turn silver motor in the future). Lipo protection unit with indicator lights run to the headlights. Headlights go out when lipo is ready for a charge. Titanium driveshaft on kyosho diff. (They need a delrin upgrade for the kyosho diff.) Alloy main gear. Delrin SP motor gear. I run a 10 tooth gear so I can use the alloy rear gearbox as a heatsink. it works GREAT!

Don't be hatin'

-JNY
My Pimped MZM
Last edited by pimpsmurf on Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

I'm getting more and more interested in these things, but I think I'll wait till they figure out 4WD. Then get the iWaver version :-)

Nice truck, how fast is it? w/3lipos and a hot motor... can you see it once you pull the trigger?

Can you see the lights go out in the daytime? :???:

Maxx
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

pimpsmurf wrote:alright.

Some highlights:
3 cell 850mah lipo w/ nelly deluxe (not yet installed) and plasmatomic (perhaps a 21 turn silver motor in the future). Lipo protection unit with indicator lights run to the headlights. Headlights go out when lipo is ready for a charge. Titanium driveshaft on kyosho diff. (They need a delrin upgrade for the kyosho diff.) Alloy main gear. Delrin SP motor gear. I run a 10 tooth gear so I can use the alloy rear gearbox as a heatsink. it works GREAT!

Don't be hatin'

-JNY
My Pimped MZM
hmmmmm.

May i ask how your lipo protector works?

Did you make it?

Very interesed!

And nice ride!
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

...and I was assuming you'd resize the pics. :?

Nice truck.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

Here is the Lithium Protector I used. This unit can supply up to 20ma to a 2.4-3.6v LED.

I did resize the pictures. They were originally 2048 width. 1024 width is unreasonable? :-(

If you use a single 20mah light, you can see them very well in daylight. I was thinking about mounting a single red LED inside the front gearbox. You can use 2-10ma LEDs to the headlights, which looks great at night and is visible at close range in daylight.

I'm still waiting on the nelly deluxe to make it here, then I will be able to let you guys know how it performs. It was already insane with a 2 cell lipo and spider FET board. I'm planning to put a switch in for a "turbo".

The idea being I can cut the voltage going to the motor in half by putting a large resistor in parrallel with the motor circuit to half the voltage and up the resistance. Hopefully this will cut down battery use and make the thing have a serious runtime. It should be able to pull off 30-45 minute runtimes with a hot motor. When I'm not showing off, it is more fun to play with it for more than 30 seconds at a time before the motor, ESC, and battery overheat from typical pimpsmurf abuse.

-JNY
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

pimpsmurf wrote:Here is the Lithium Protector I used. This unit can supply up to 20ma to a 2.4-3.6v LED.

I did resize the pictures. They were originally 2048 width. 1024 width is unreasonable? :-(

If you use a single 20mah light, you can see them very well in daylight. I was thinking about mounting a single red LED inside the front gearbox. You can use 2-10ma LEDs to the headlights, which looks great at night and is visible at close range in daylight.

I'm still waiting on the nelly deluxe to make it here, then I will be able to let you guys know how it performs. It was already insane with a 2 cell lipo and spider FET board. I'm planning to put a switch in for a "turbo".

The idea being I can cut the voltage going to the motor in half by putting a large resistor in parrallel with the motor circuit to half the voltage and up the resistance. Hopefully this will cut down battery use and make the thing have a serious runtime. It should be able to pull off 30-45 minute runtimes with a hot motor. When I'm not showing off, it is more fun to play with it for more than 30 seconds at a time before the motor, ESC, and battery overheat from typical pimpsmurf abuse.

-JNY
You shouldnt have to worry about the nelly overheating. deluxes run as cool as can be most of the time.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

pimpsmurf wrote:.....I did resize the pictures. They were originally 2048 width. 1024 width is unreasonable?....
Well yeah it's still kinda big. Normally less than 600 wide is what flies here. I get away with 640x480 that will keep the aspect ratio. So just cut them down a little more :-o

don't yell at him SG :grin:

about the truck, how much money you put inot that man? (ball-park) That is sweet. Can it take 'pimpsmurf abuse'? Post a vid and let's see her running around and flting through the air :smile:

Maxx
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

oh alright... *drags feet* I'll knock um down to 600 width ASAP. lol. Actually, I'll just shine the truck up with my wax/polish and take some new photos to resize so it won't get ugly.

Good lord. Don't talk about money. I've spent almost as much on it, as I have on my XXX-NT so far. Ballpark? $1000US. seriously. It was $145 for the base, I have 1 order from rcmart for 300, 1 order from minizracer for 100, plus dozens of order for $15-$75. My paypal reciepts for mini-z monster stuff is 3 pages long. BTW, my 1:10 actually doesn't cost that much yet, but servos and a motor are going to be had shortly($500 total), (not to mention I eat 1 gallon of gas and 1-2 complete sets of tires a week (about for 1 set), and I break far too many parts as nitro is super fast.

Is it pimpsmurf-abuse approved? With the alloy front gearbox, or a different bumper installed, it is most definately capable of tumbling at 30mph without issue. No car at 40-50mph will take a wall head on, but since I installed all this metal, I, thankfully, haven't hit any walls.
It is really very fast with 2 cells. I'm hoping the nelly and 3 cell will put it over the top (although I am keeping it on a 10 tooth pinion so it heatsinks the case to the alloy rear gearbox.)

*cry* I could have bought a car...

-JNY