Super Slick Monster Truck

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Super Slick Monster Truck

Post by SuperFly »

No, not the 1:43 scale one. The 1:25 scale one! :-o

Last night, hue35 and I invited Dogbreath Racing (Chuck) from minizracer.com and his friend Ric to race Mini-Zs at our track. Anyway, he brought this MZM-sized truck that was a modded Super Slick, and it was pretty impressive. $20 at ToysRUs, plus a $20 iWaver board, and he had a fully-propo, 4WD monster truck. He had also performed a suspension travel mod that gave it almost a full 90? of articulation. You can check it out here.
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Re: Super Slick Monster Truck

Post by Tuner1989 »

SuperFly wrote:No, not the 1:43 scale one. The 1:25 scale one! :-o

Last night, hue35 and I invited Dogbreath Racing (Chuck) from minizracer.com and his friend Ric to race Mini-Zs at our track. Anyway, he brought this MZM-sized truck that was a modded Super Slick, and it was pretty impressive. $20 at ToysRUs, plus a $20 iWaver board, and he had a fully-propo, 4WD monster truck. He had also performed a suspension travel mod that gave it almost a full 90? of articulation. You can check it out here.
I saw that, that thing looks insane!

Must of been cool to see it in person.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

These trucks kick ass, and they are only $20!!! :-D

Her's a little thread about them. There's a couple of good threads at R7R too.

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=6709

It took people a little while to catch on to these trucks, I don't know why? :???:

For $40, you get a RTR, the F-150 body with lights, Hummer body, 2 more sets of tires and rims, 2 more motors, extra shocks. I think its really cool that they come stock with nyloks.
Cheesehead
bitPlaya'

Post by Cheesehead »

I think I may be getting myself one of these. I never got into 1:28 because it's so hard to find a place to drive 'em and because the only ones which could handle outdoor terrain (Mini-Z monster) were outrageously expensive.
iWaver needs to make a proportional version of this. They'd sell millions.

Out of sheer curiousity, what kind of motor do they use?
Lithiums are great!
Triple the speed...
four times the duration....
And they explode if you crash them too hard!
GWS 4 EVR
-my future car's bumper vanity plate
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

iwaver makes a 24th monster truck. It's called the Firelap 4.0, and was on ebay for $40 with $15 HK shipping.

-JNY
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Cheesehead wrote:I think I may be getting myself one of these. I never got into 1:28 because it's so hard to find a place to drive 'em and because the only ones which could handle outdoor terrain (Mini-Z monster) were outrageously expensive.

Iwaver does make a version of the mini-z monster it goes under the name firelap 4.0

Rcmart has them for 40$+shipping

They are quite nice and the propo is very good and smooth, i have owned both a mini-z monster and a firelap 04 there is only a slight decrease in performance control wise.

Firelaps and mini-z monsters use a 130 size motor.

I think the superslick motor is slightly bigger.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Cheesehead wrote:Out of sheer curiousity, what kind of motor do they use?
I'm not sure, but it's big. Bigger than a mini-z or xmod motor. An important point DBR made was that you don't want that truck to go fast. The chassis is toy-grade plastic, and if you go fast something will break that's not replaceable. It's really much better suited to being a crawler. He had the diffs locked up, and the gearing was pretty low. I'd guess it travelled as fast as a stock bit with a 3.8 motor. The back end could get almost perpendicular to the front end at the extreme range of travel.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, well then, I know what I am picking up next time I hit Toys R Me. Hmm, wonder if I can order on the net? Will look and see.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

Here is the size comparison of a 130 motor and the ssmt motor.

I have to go out and get a few more of these monsters.
Cheesehead
bitPlaya'

Post by Cheesehead »

You know, with a few aftermarket parts, these could become the Mini-Z killer.
Iwaver and TRU should get together on this one; for 60$ or so, they could produce a bigger, better, 4-wheel-drive version of the Mini-Z monster that would become vastly more popular than the AWD Mini-Z could ever hope to.
Lithiums are great!
Triple the speed...
four times the duration....
And they explode if you crash them too hard!
GWS 4 EVR
-my future car's bumper vanity plate
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

evoraptor wrote:Here is the size comparison of a 130 motor and the ssmt motor.

I have to go out and get a few more of these monsters.
wow! :eek: getta loada that motor!
i used to be cool
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

pimpsmurf wrote:iwaver makes a 24th monster truck. It's called the Firelap 4.0, and was on ebay for $40 with $15 HK shipping.

-JNY
Tuner1989 wrote:
Cheesehead wrote:I think I may be getting myself one of these. I never got into 1:28 because it's so hard to find a place to drive 'em and because the only ones which could handle outdoor terrain (Mini-Z monster) were outrageously expensive.

Iwaver does make a version of the mini-z monster it goes under the name firelap 4.0

They are quite nice and the propo is very good and smooth, i have owned both a mini-z monster and a firelap 04 there is only a slight decrease in performance control wise.

The difference with these is, they're 4wd!
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

hue35 wrote:
pimpsmurf wrote:iwaver makes a 24th monster truck. It's called the Firelap 4.0, and was on ebay for $40 with $15 HK shipping.

-JNY
Tuner1989 wrote:

The difference with these is, they're 4wd!
Crap hue, how could i forget that! Yeah that would make a difference lol.

Good catch there.

Yep these little beasts are 4wd like hue said, that completely slipped my mind. :?