Got me the New IW02M

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

ph2t wrote:The steering eletronics on the iwaver series is not actually a "single fet" per 'se but a custom little "h-bridge in a chip" sort of design.

This is good for space and cost considerations from a manufacturing point of view but piss poor in terms of performance.

On stock motors this chip powers the servo motor OK, but start increasing the current draw to the PCb wth a hot(ish) motor and you will see a lack of power being delivered to the servo motor.

The work around to this is to remove the chip and make your own little h-bridge to control the motor. "the bug" turbo I made for Epochs is just right for this sort of application. and it works too!

Unfortunately, stacking this custom chip with anopther one doesn't have the same effect as stacking mosfets....

ph2t.
Got any of those "Bugs" PM me the details and your PP address.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

http://www.woahnelly.com/thebug/index.html

there's a link down the bottom of that page to tiny's site where you can get them. I don't have a soldering location guide for them, but it's not too hard. :-)

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

This "Bug" will work for the IWaver as well as the Epoch?

How much do they run and can I get a "Pimp" deal?? :???: :lol:
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

steelwoolghandi wrote:This "Bug" will work for the IWaver as well as the Epoch?
yes but only on the steering curcuit :-o
i used to be cool