Well, looks like i get to join the fun

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Well, looks like i get to join the fun

Post by Tuner1989 »

Just bought a MR-02 off a friend for one hell of a deal, now funny thing is i know Mr-02's inside and out but ive never owned one just worked on friends cars at the track.

That leaves some questions when it comes to handling since i havent ever messed with setups and im sure some of you pimps can help me out.

I will be doing mostly Concrete and RCP racing

For concrete i'll be setup with a uberdash and woah nelly deluxe

For rcp i would imagine a X-Speed

What tires, offset, etc. would you guys reccomend for the 2 surfaces?
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

With RCP, not sure. But you need to pick up some Gandini foams.
Wide Gandini softs for the back
regular gandini slicks for the front

That will handle the concrete. I've got some of these and they are the shizzle. They work great on the waxed tile floor at the clinic I work at, My kitchen and outside on the street or sidewalk.

Also, I would also recomend a rear oil shock and an Iwaver ball diff. The oil shock will cut out most of the bouncing from bumps and the ball diff is adjustable and will help you tweak out the performance so you can get more out of your acceleration and cornering.

Gandini's, oil shock and ball diff with what you're modding will make a monster of a car.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

For RCP, I haven't found foams to be useable at all. Most of what I've read about other people's setups and my own experience on RCP, I recommend:

GPM 8* radial tires for the back (this is probably the single most important thing. If you can't get the rear tires to hook up, nothing else matters.)
GPM 20* radials up front
Medium or stiff springs in the front
medium or soft h-plate
disk damper

Stuff like toe-in or out and camber/caster really depends on your track and driving style, so I would only get that stuff to solve a problem rather than starting out with it in there.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

Gandini's, oil shock and ball diff
If you can't get the rear tires to hook up, nothing else matters.
good tips. :-o
with cambered knuckles, you need to look at how the front tyres wear to figure that out. usually you need more camber the faster you go. try 2deg.

my setup for concrete/tarmac is here:
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=6514
i used to be cool