Kick ass racing!

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Kick ass racing!

Post by SuperFly »

I have no pictures, but wanted to report that hue35 and I represented the pimps at Dogbreath Racing's (Chuck's) track today, and had some of, scratch that, had the best racing we've ever done.

5 or 6 Mini-Zs, all in the hands of good drivers, no major mechanical problems for anyone. Chuck, Rick and Troy, plus their wives, had us out today for a great time. These guys are all 1/10th vets and have been racing for years, but hue and I brought our "A" game and had fierce battle.

Here's the track we raced on. What you can't tell from the picture is all the interior barrier walls are half-round pipe insulation covered with white tape. the surface was excellent, and the walls were perfect.

There were many times when the entire pack of 5 cars was globbed together through the "S", and no matter how spread out the cars were on the track, there was always someone to be passed and someone breathing down your neck.

Throw in good burgers and pie, and it was a pretty great day.
Last edited by SuperFly on Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Kick ass man..... Sounds like a great time. I'm trying to get something similar going on down south here.

Come on down guys.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

looks like a heap of fun!

ph2t and i often say "this would be so much cooler with more cars". :-o
i used to be cool
canabits
bitThug

re:

Post by canabits »

Nice track.

betty.k, High Commision is working on my application...still looking like the end of March for approval which will give you and ph2t another regular racer by July/August. :grin:
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

bring it on :smile:
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Does sound like a great day, but dammit, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought I was gonna see some video. :lol:

There's a few kids from Mini-zRacer here in Phoenix that have been hooking up in parking lots and clubhouses not too far away from me, and bugging me to join. I really gotta get an Iwaver, or do something with my gen1 Xmod, so I can run with them. I've been avoiding it, because I don't mind being the slow car, but I'm afraid of getting lapped. I don't want to be that slow. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

Sweet track, sounds like loads of fun.

Superfly 1 questions man...

Did the borders stop the cars in their track or did the cars actually slide along them? I know the insulation stuff we used or w.e sometimes stops the car, especially Gen 1 Xmods, because they sit so high stock.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

The interior barriers were 1/2 round pipe insulation, and they were covered and adhered to the track with a slick white tape, kinda like a white version of clear packing tape. It would bounce you off pretty good, but you don't want to try and ride it. If you hit it right and had enough speed, you would just go over the top.

Waay more forgiving than our RCP rails. The outer rails were a vertical piece of thin plastic over a softer foam, so it would give a little, but not dent or snag.

I was driving my Firelap McLaren a little, and something about the front end of that car made it just jump over them, while my NSX would either bounce or get high-centered.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Saw a picture of that track over at Rippers looks good some of those corners looks real tight It would take some real skill to race that one especially with guys that were long time racers!

Glad ya'll had you’re A game on!

A question how tall would you say the rails were must not have been to tall if the cars would jump them?
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

That sounds a little like our track.

I noticed with the f50 body it would either bounce really hard off of the wall, or slide a little but loose speed. When my uncle threw on the Ferrari 360 body it actually jumped the insulation tubing that we cut in half.

The xmod felt like a fuckn monster truck compared to how the Z's reacted to the borders. lol

Superfly what set up did you run on the foam surface, as compared to the other racers...
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

The front overhangs maybe? it seems that the Mclaren and the 360 have a slope facing downwards? Like a skid plate on some trucks, that maybe allow it to slide or ramp over the barriers. Thats a nice track, where are you guys?
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Here's a picture that shows the barriers a little better.

steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

That picture helps a lot I thought the tape was wrapped around the pipe completely. But I see it’s wrapped around and taped to the mats cool idea I could see now how the car could ramp up. Looks to be 1/2" tall I like that set up looks like it would be a lot easier on the cars then the RPC track bumpers! :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

:???:

ahh...I like...That's a good way of doing the borders.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

hue35 and I both ran MR02 RM chassis, 8* rear tires and 18* fronts, Xspeed motor for me and PN Speedy for hue. It was a tight layout, and I think the RM configs had the advantage. For my style of driving, I like a MM for carving a nice clean line. But on a tight track like that, a RM is nice for using the power to steer.