Recent addition to the stable

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Recent addition to the stable

Post by Tuner1989 »

Ford GT40

Some pics after 2 night's of racing/bashing, i'm still dialing the chassis in right now its running a X-Speed armature in a bb case with carbon brushes. That combo along with theMM mount and MR-02 lightweight chassis design and a set of 900 mah sanyo's (Best Batt's Ever) makes it way faster than i expected. It can pick it self up and hurry along with no problem.
Other upgrades, BB's Clear chassis, atomic disk damper(Going to scratch soon for a oil shock) Cf plate, upgraded spring's and kingpins.

color0
bitPlaya'

Post by color0 »

call me up when you wanna let go of that disk damper... i want one, and will need one come april. :-o

that is some sexy body btw. i know it's stock, but still.
Greyscale Racing
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

look'n hot,,, whats the deal with your antenna?

STG
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Sporttracguy wrote:look'n hot,,, whats the deal with your antenna?

STG
Heatshrank it, better safe than sorry.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Thats one hell of a heat shrink for that tiny antenna :-o
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Sporttracguy wrote:Thats one hell of a heat shrink for that tiny antenna :-o
Work with what you have, makes it harder to bend the antenna so theres a plus side lol.
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Some new pics

color0
bitPlaya'

Post by color0 »

i see you kept the disk damper, lol...

looks great with the nelly too, must be a lot of fun to drive. your diff gear looks stock, but the shaft 'adapter' on the other side is gold colored... explain?
Greyscale Racing
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

color0 wrote:i see you kept the disk damper, lol...

looks great with the nelly too, must be a lot of fun to drive. your diff gear looks stock, but the shaft 'adapter' on the other side is gold colored... explain?
I dont like the plastic part that came with the stock diff. too loose.

Yeah i'm still trying to find a damper setup i like and i saw you just bought a disk damper so.......... lol
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

nice Z man. I always like seeing pics of cars with nellies on them. It takes me back to that particular model I was making. did you buy that off me or was that in the deal with betty?
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

ph2t wrote:nice Z man. I always like seeing pics of cars with nellies on them. It takes me back to that particular model I was making. did you buy that off me or was that in the deal with betty?
Thanks man, yep the nelly is from the xmod deal with betty. I love this model of the nelly, it's small and keeps it's cool. I even had a glitch the other day racing the bugger took off on me while it was on the floor full speed like it had a mind of it's own and the front of the bumper got stuck under a table. The motor was on full stall, i ran over to the car and everything was fine. yep the nelly is from the xmod deal with betty.
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Well since i am going on vacation to a house that has a great paved dragstrip almost area, i thought i should make it faster.

It might be too fast for fun now.

I'm hitting 30-35 MPH on the speedchecker at the moment with gobs of Torque to spare!

I'm running a Plasmatomic with Neo's and a 14T pinion. I'm also experimenting with a damper setup using sponglike material.

honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

:eek: Fuckin awsome !

Bet ya had a great time installing the front end on that chassis , That bloody POT :-(
We don't need no god damn roads!