Where did the fire go in my FireLap?

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Where did the fire go in my FireLap?

Post by MafiaS »

Lil' bro just baught a Firelap 2.0 (Mclaren) off of ToyEast. I was happy to see him actually getting into a smaller R/C, and finally having some more people to compete against. Anyway...He opens the package, pops the rechargeable batteries in (fully charged) and turns on the controller and the switch at the bottom. (BTW installation of the Antenna was safe and well done, saw it with ma' own eyes)

Once he turned it on and pulled the trigger...nothing...turned the wheel...nothing? Ok so we thought maybe it's the channel sitaution with this sick ass controlla'. Hmm? Still never worked after trying everything.

Then we thought, damn, maybe it is the tx and rx crystals, the connections...Nothing, the car would turn on, there was power, but it is something to do with the connection between the controller and the actaul car. We tried other crystals from my friend's Iwaver, even the miniZ one. Nothing still?

I was thinking someone here would know what is the problem. Could it be the board? The sad thing is we did not even get to see this thing run. It is brand new!!!

Now, i have not done that much business with Toyeast, but do they exhange, what are some of there policies. Should i just try and send it back or work with there policies or is this sitaution fixable.

Thanks....

MafiaS
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

You could sell it to me for 2 dollars, USD of course. :lol:

EMail TE and get an addy to send it back.

Be sure to tell them your problem, and keep it simple.

Something like this.....

I'd like to send my Firelap back because the radio is not working with the vehicle. I would like to exchange the whole package, the car and radio and all of the parts, for another that works.

Thanks,

XXXXXXX
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

2 dollars? At least 5 for all my trouble's man!

Thanks for the suggestion I will get right on it!
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

MafiaS wrote:2 dollars? At least 5 for all my trouble's man!

Thanks for the suggestion I will get right on it!
My final offer... $2.19 :greenblob:
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Did you try using a different controller, or try using that controller with a car you know works, to rule out whether it's the car or the controller that's broken?

Do you get no response if the Tx is inches away from the car? Sometimes that antenna wire pulls off the pcb.

I assume you get neither motor or steering response. How do you know the car is actually getting power? Servo twitches?
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

Did you try using a different controller, or try using that controller with a car you know works, to rule out whether it's the car or the controller that's broken?

Do you get no response if the Tx is inches away from the car? Sometimes that antenna wire pulls off the pcb.

I assume you get neither motor or steering response. How do you know the car is actually getting power? Servo twitches?
-Firstly we swapped in my friends Iwaver crstals. We put his TX into the Firelap controller, and his RX into the firelap chassis. (nothing)

- Because we thought it could have been the cystals still, we put the Firelap crystals into the iwaver controller, and the Iwaver was fully functional.

- We tried TX into an Iwaver controller, and RX in the Firelap (nothing)

Edit

It has power because when we pushed the wheels to one side with the car off, and turned on the controller and chassis the wheels centerred off...make sense?
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

MafiaS wrote:

-Firstly we swapped in my friends Iwaver crstals. We put his TX into the Firelap controller, and his RX into the firelap chassis. (nothing)

- Because we thought it could have been the cystals still, we put the Firelap crystals into the iwaver controller, and the Iwaver was fully functional.

- We tried TX into an Iwaver controller, and RX in the Firelap (nothing)

Edit

It has power because when we pushed the wheels to one side with the car off, and turned on the controller and chassis the wheels centerred off...make sense?
He meant did you try using your bro's car with your Iwaver controller. Email Toyeast and tell them what happened, and offer to send a vid to boot. Have you checked all the wire connections on the board?
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

Yes sir, connections were fine!

We did try my friends Controller with the car.....nottin!
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

MafiaS wrote:Yes sir, connections were fine!

We did try my friends Controller with the car.....nottin!
Contact TE then. They're good about those problems.
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

I know this is kind of redundant but try changing to another set of batteries. I know you say they were fully charged, but I've seen a set of batts finish on a charger and not have any power more than once.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.