"Spider" turbo v2.0 Released.

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
Aaron
bitPlaya'

"Spider" turbo v2.0 Released.

Post by Aaron »

Hi Guys,
Blurb on the new "Spider" External FET bridge fo Mini-Z and Xmods.

A few pimps running the old version - the new ones just as good - and smaller!

Spider v2.0 "EensyWeensy" has Arrived

ausmicro.com is pleased to annouce the arrival of a the newest version of our highly successful "Spider" External Turbo.

The newest Spider, known as v2.0 or "EensyWeensy" as it's known to it's friends brings the same amazing performance of our first generation unit in a much smaller package. Now measuring a tiny 17mm x 18mm x 5mm this Spider is small enough to safely mount inside a MR01 style chassis!

To make the small size possible we've switched to using a commercially prepared 0.7mm double-sided circuit board. It's been fully masked to reduce the risks of shorts to other items and will not corrode!

A Spider for every Chassis
EensyWeensy has been tested in all the current chassis, from Kysoho MR01 through to Kyosho MA-010, it's done time in iWaver and Firelap chassis and has been turning up the heat on Xmods and Xmods EVO!

and a Spider for every Install
Like it predecessor EensyWeensy is available in Flying Lead OR Terminal block configurations.

The Terminal Block Spiders feature "lay-down" style terminal blocks for mounting under low bodies, 100mm power and control leads and are ready to race enabling quick motor changes.

Flying Lead Spiders are equipped with 100mm power and control leads, and have 200mm motor leads to ensure enough reach to your power plant. They're assembled to be the ultimate low-profile turbo

Standard Features
All Spiders include the following features:
  • 0.7mm commercially prepared solder masked PCB
  • Top-Grade IRF MOSFETS (Not samples or seconds)
  • PN Racing 22AWG Silicon Jacketed Power wiring (100mm on input, 200mm on output of Flying Lead model)
  • Flexible and reliable data-grade rainbow control wiring (100mm)
  • Fully heatshrinked PCB for safety
  • Lightweight and lowest possible profile of all External turbos
  • Flat mounting surface
  • Heatsink compatible (Heatsink available as an Option)
Shipping Right Now
Spider v2.0 is fully compatible with the wiring layouts of the previous Spider, however a new Installation guide will be available soon. This will cover the installation into all platforms including the Xmods EVO.

How much does it cost Manual for Installation at:
http://shop.ausmicro.net/download/Spide ... ons_v1.pdf

Store pricing has risen slightly due to the fall in Exchange rates increasing our materials costs.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Is this a Whoa Nelly with a different name?
Aaron
bitPlaya'

Post by Aaron »

NOPE!

WoahNelly (the Externals ph2t builds) and the Spiders (what I/ausmicro.com builds) are two distinctly different products. Yes they do much the same thing. But the WoahNelly range goes right up the Premium product with MOSFET drivers etc in the v1.3 and Deluxe

The Spiders are essentially similar in concept to the Nelly 1.2, and by default I guess the EVO...

It's all about choice in the market place - ph2t builds a great turbo and so do we, there are differences and pros and cons to each when compared to each other.

With either product brand you are getting the best External turbo solution around.

A.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

With either product brand you are getting the best External turbo solution around.
I'll reiterate that. Aaron's spider and my nelly v1.2 (also the nelly EVO) are comparable products. Of course Aaron has a full bloody online shop and I'm just a git that make stupid little turbos.....

so there's the difference!

:smile:

A major difference in the two is that Aaron outsources the PCB's on his turbos so they are a much cleaner setup than my home made moonshine ones.....

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.