IC-3 batteries?

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

Based on the info in the manual for that charger.

My 1000Mah AAA cells would take and hour to charge or lets at the 1.8 Amp rate and if I was at the track and the next race was less than that I'd be out of luck.
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

Namuna wrote:That Energizer 15min charger looks sweet, but that firehose charge rate of 7.5amps is just too damned insane for me to believe ANY batteries are going to achieve a truly full status. Whereas the IC3 is using whatever circuitry to not only charge in 15minutes but to be fully charged in 15.
The 7.5amps is to charge the energizer 2500mah AA's.. Even though you dont get a full 2500mah charge and the batteries are too hot to hold after charging :eek: , they still seem to last forever. Havent had one die on me yet. :knocks on wood: I like them cause you can go to any store and pick up a set.

If you are looking for a good FREE 4xAAA holder.. look no further. Grab an old ZZSE controller and use the battery cradle in it. I fused two together and made an 8 cell energizer pack as a backup to an 8cell E-flight 650mah pack.

:???:
Also, i noticed that the energizer pack did not put out as much current as the eflight pack. It was very noticable(audible rpm difference), both packs were charged with the Triton charger.
I'm tempted to rip apart the Eflight pack and use 4 of those aaa's in a 1:28th. The energizers typically work well in the 1:28ths.. the eflight cells would kick it up a notch. hmm.
:???: