Setting up an IW02 for outdoors

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Setting up an IW02 for outdoors

Post by honda_s2000 »

Ok guys , I need some thoughts/suggestions here.

Im planning to run a setup for outdoors , Using a enzo body and a MM mount. The reason I chose the enzo was the fact that there was basically unlimited space to run any tires I wish. And the MM mount. 8-)

But , I know ph2t and Betty both run outside , and im wondering what everyone would reccomend. I'll be running on smooth tarmac without gaps. Carpark.

I know jack all about these things , And I dont want to get to my spot and find it handles like shit :lol: , so any reccomendations/thaughts/comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks ,
Joe :cool:
We don't need no god damn roads!
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

there's not much more i can add than what's already in this thread:
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=6514

one thing to keep in mind, no matter how clean you think the surface is your car will get very dusty very fast.

i find the front suspension gets stiff after 1 or 2 packs.
i usually pull out the kingpins, sprinkle some graphite powder on a pipe cleaner and run it through the knuckle and spring spacer thingo. only takes a couple of minutes.

i also use a pen eraser to clean the battery terminals, not only in the chassis but on the batteries and my charger terminals too.

if you run an oil shock it will need to be cleaned and rebuilt more often.

in fact, everything will need to be maintained more often thanks to the dust. everything will wear faster than your standard indoor only car.

for general dusting i just use a soft dry paintbrush :-o
i used to be cool
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Cheers for your help mate !

I looked over that thread once before , But forgot all about it when I had the idea about running outdoors. :?

I think I'll look into that motor mount too , It looks so much more adjustable !. Ive only been running between 8T-10T pinions so far , and im impressed with the speed It gathers stock.

My next upgrade will be an x-speed or iwaver pro motor. , Next bearings. , Then the pn motor mount. , Maybe even a nelly deluxe if I feel like splashing out. ;)

Thanks again for all the tips , That's one hell of a thread there ! :cool:
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

honda, to reiterate what the other git said.....

upgrade priorites would be as such.

1) bearings! bearings bearings! (made my point?)

2) Gandini soft/med foams on rear (http://shop.ausmicro.net is the ONLY place with a selection)

3) alloy MM mount (pn racing or ATOMIC, both good!)

4) Nelly EVO / Spider Turbos (don't need the deluxe mate, not at 4.8V)

5) PN S03/S04/Anima/Saber (all good, all can get great speeds when geared at 9t)

6) 2 -3 deg camber steering knuckles (pref alloy)

7) cf hplate (3racing are the best, stay away from ATOMIC SSG ones, bad manufacturing tolerances)

If you're running an Enzo shell, some things to note. The offest is 3R and 1F. You can't get foams at the moment in 3R offeset, only 0deg offest. Mclaren shell is 0 deg offset, may be the better setup for your needs.

I'm current making foams with the correct offset rims. Bought me a tyre truere (very fucking sad I know....)

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

ph2t - Cheers for that mate , Big help :-o

The nelly , Well I wasnt sure , and the deluxe sounded better :lol:

I'll check out the ausmicro shop , and maybe sign up to the forums while im there , Im guessing its the closest micro/mini forum to home :lol:

Since I've been selling a buncha iwavers lately , I was thinking about offering some of the customers a nelly turbo , So maybe you could expect 3/4 orders from me depending on how many people want em.

I'd be interested in some foams for the enzo too.

Cheers :cool: