More templestowe track action.......

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
ph2t
bitPimp

More templestowe track action.......

Post by ph2t »

Betty and I managed to get down to the Templestowe track today.

Had a fair bit of fun. It was such a nice day we thought it would be busy down at the track but alas no! Was all ready, just waiting for us!

Here's some shots of the pits, lol...

Betty and I raced our mini-z's for the day. I gave my mini cooper some track time. Up until now it was a noob Z where it only got to run inside on the floorboards, pffft, fuck that...... Time to open her up. Lol, and open up she did. Leaving betty's McLaren for dead in the straights, lol.....

That's not much of a accomplishment since it was runing my own wound 26 turn motor vs. the 35 turn PN S04 that bet bet was runinng....

Still it was bloody funny to see a Mini Coop take out an McLaren, lol....

I also got some time to give the 40Mhz FM conversion a good beating.... I recently made a quick install lipo pack for it. It's so easy to switch between 4 cell nimh and this lipo pack since the dimensions for it are a perfect fit for the battery trays, without any mods to the trays needed....

It went fast but I personally did feel it was AS fast as previous lipo powered mr-02's I've built. Now back at home I pulled the PN Saber motor apart and found that the brushes were close to death and the commutator has started that "inverted hump" in the surface, ruining it's performance even more.... :?

Time to buy more motors..... :-o

Here's some video of the days hijinks.....

http://www.woahnelly.com/stuff/mr02/hd_temp.avi

It's in wide screen format, high quality DivX format. Not small at 30MB but who gives a shit these days..... lol... If you can't view it get the free codec here. http://www.divx.com

Enjoy!

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

aaah, so it was the motor!
still, with a dud motor that 02 was screaming! :-o
i used to be cool
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

yeah, take two copper brushes and spray them very fine all over the inside of the motor, that's what I had, lol...
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Hey , Sometime when you guys are out there , would it be possible to get a pic of the whole track.
1000+ post of BS.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Wow, cool vid. Y'all are fuckin' screamin'... nice to see the pair of 02's getting into some high-speed racing action. Damn, I wish a dozen of us could our 02's on that track at the same time.

That 1/10 was haulin' ass! :eek:
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

yeah, we're hoping to get more local fellas in on the action, but alas, not a the moment.....

fuck STOCK! lol.... :-o