Cow RC Magnetic Work Mat for Micros

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
crazydave
bitPimp

Cow RC Magnetic Work Mat for Micros

Post by crazydave »

You know those products that you never knew you needed, but once you tried it, you couldn't function with out it? That's what Cow RC's work mat did for me. I picked up a magnetic bowl years ago, and have sworn by it, but I still lose a lot of screws before they make it in the bowl, and when tearing down a whole car, the screws often get mixed up, and I have to guess what goes where.

The magnetic work mat is 12"x9" which is a suitable size for any micro RC smaller than 1/25th scale. It is a thick sheet of vinyl magnet material, but don't think this is just a big refrigerator magnet. The material is much thicker and has a strong magnetic pull that will hold your metal parts in place. And if that is not enough for your parts security, the mat is also covered with a piece of foam rubber that creates wall to help keep your parts in place. There is a large cutout for your work area, and several smaller cutouts along the bottom to organize your parts. Here you can see it in use when I broke down my Micro-T recently.

I often work in odd areas, such as the edge of the bed, or the floor. The mat let me set up and move my work area where ever I wanted. I just held the car over the mat while removing the screws, and if they fell, they were sucked right down to the mat before they could be lost. I was able to keep my parts organized, and I think it was one of the most trouble free breakdowns I have ever experienced. Zero time was wasted searching for tiny screws in the carpet. Another thing I like was that the plugs to the foam rubber mat are included, and I use them to cover my project when I step away, so my cats don't steal any parts.

So there you have it. A simple basic product that will make your life much easier. :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
45tr0
bitNinja

Re: Cow RC Magnetic Work Mat for Micros

Post by 45tr0 »

sounds awesome - where'd you find it Dave?
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

I wouldn't know where Dave got his ...
Link to a a manufacturers site
http://cowrc.com/cow_rc_new_site_012.htm" target="_blank
... and they come in two sizes 9x12, 12x18
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Holy shit Billy Mays, did you get a free mat from The Cow? :lol:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I saw that a while back when it was posted on another forum, it looks great. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Yeah CD, you got me all moist in the loins over this mat, but no reference link to the product !?!

I'm already amp'ed up to buy some other shit, hurry up and post the link so I jump on this too before the frenzy dies down!

Post by sidewinder »

Easy big fellow...here you go. We wouldn't want to get you mad...we wouldn't like you when your mad :lol: (that is the Hulk right)?

The link for the mats is on the upper right.
http://www.cowrc.com/cow_rc_new_site_002.htm
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Oops... Yeah great job Dave, you forgot to link to the product.

I'm smooth, whatever, call me slick. :lol:

It's also available through the Toyz
http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_det ... 0&%20PAINT
cabowabo wrote:Holy shit Billy Mays, did you get a free mat from The Cow? :lol:
Maybe... maybe. At any rate, I love it! You don't know how sick my wife is of having to help me find little screws so I'll stop throwing my temper tantrums. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

ynad wrote:I wouldn't know where Dave got his ...
Link to a a manufacturers site
http://cowrc.com/cow_rc_new_site_012.htm" target="_blank
... and they come in two sizes 9x12, 12x18
@ namuna
dude, the direct link was already here :???: