Resource: Custom Wheels/Tires Resource Page

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
Namuna
bitPimp

Resource: Custom Wheels/Tires Resource Page

Post by Namuna »

Alright Pimps and Hos, let's pool our resources for good sources of kickass rims/wheels/tires for the little demon cars.

I'll get this shit rollin...

- The German Alloy Rims.
We all pretty much know about this shit, problem is...The Nazi bastards ain't givin any up.

- Bit Pullbacks

- Hot Wheels 'Petersen's Custom Classic Trucks'
Certain trucks come with nice wheels/tires

- Jada Toys '1/64th Dub City'
I think the Wave 2s and newer have those sweet 5-point rims
Last edited by Namuna on Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

how soft are the tires on the dub city rims?
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I'm gonna go and buy some dub city cars tomorrow and let you guys know the real deal..

silla
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Oh? Where ya gonna buy em? I wanna know so I can pick some up too, Target don't seem to carry em.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

The tires on the dubs are a thin hard plastic (as in not rubber like). Namuna you can add Muscle machines on your list. They have some rims that look like the dubs along with 2 or 3 other types.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Namuna wrote:Oh? Where ya gonna buy em? I wanna know so I can pick some up too, Target don't seem to carry em.
The WalMart down here carries a shit load of them. I'll take my cam to the store with me to snap some shots.. :D

silla

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

sessiz,

Do ANY of the Dub City cars have rubber tires? That's gonna suck balls if they're all plastic. I guess that guy that modded with the Dub Citys musta shaved down the plastic tires too. ?

I saw a bunch of Muscle Machines at the Target, I wasn't impressed man.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Alright, I found out more info on them Dub City cars...What we want is the 'Model Kits'...It's basically a car/truck with a couple extra wheel sets.

Check it:
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/642959.asp

And they're rubber tires too! From what I read, they ain't got the center rib on the rims (for the holing the tires on, just like the German Alloys don't have it either)...So some modifications are required for that too.

These Muscle Machines kits could be worthy as well:
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/366156.asp

The hunt continues.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

I didn't buy that dub model kit so maybe they have softer rubber tires. I bought a dub city car that was allready together. the wheels I got could have had rubber tires but they were so hard that they might as well be plastic. My work around for this was putting on the small bit tires. They slip off unless you add a couple of dots of glue on there. :wink:

That muscle machine kit is exactly what I got and they have a set of rims in there that are almost identical to the dubs (dubs seem to be more shiny).
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Ran off to TRU, Home Depot and Costco today...Only had some success.

Found a Beaker Muppets Lab kit for $19.99, SCORE!

A tiny mug with Spongebob on it! SCORE!

No Dub City, bummer!

Super small diameter drill bit set for Dremel (to bore wheels out), SCORE!
- Get home and find out the goddamned bits are too thin to fit in Dremel (BUMMER!)

I'll be headin back to Costco tomorrow, they've got a generic accessory kit for rotary tools and it includes a set of precision drilling bits (and the shaft on these taper out, so they'll fit in my dremel no problem)

Was hoping to find some brads (small diameter nails) small enough to be used as Bit Axles...But no luck, anyone have suggestions for that?

The search goes on.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

that's friggin hilarious dude! the muppets, I was just thinking of putting "Happy Feet" in one da videos lol

sounds like overall it was a good day mang!
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Just some more info...

- Bit axles are: 3/64" diamter (.0475") or 1.2mm
You could probably find some 12" length rods at your LHS that you could cut down to the proper size to be used as an axle.

- Bit front knuckle rods: Use #19 brades from Home Depot
At least that's what Payaso says seems to work. The #19s seem to be a less popular size (#18s are all over the place, but too big)
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Namuna, I sent you a bunch of #19 brades, and enough metal stock to do about 4 or 5 axles.. Should be there in a few days..

Let us know how everything turns out.. Good luck player..

silla

MythosGR
bitHood

Post by MythosGR »

Hello everyone just my 2 cets here...

All the Dub City wheels are from hard rubber...Almost no grip...THe same goes for the Hot Wheels wheels...So if you are not after looks but performance this babys are out of the list...

THe perfect wheels are going to be the ones TOMY is going to relaese with the New bits series...I already saw 5 spokes and I like the muchelago rims...