Review: superslicks.. a pimp's review

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Review: superslicks.. a pimp's review

Post by hogjowlz »

first of all they call them superslicks but they come with treaded tires?

not too much info out there on them. well after taking a little break from rc stuff i broke down and got one of these.

looks = well its a little bigger and a lot better detail on the body. it is more to scale than bits or zipzaps and sits pretty low already. paint is nice stock(good sprakly metallic).

electronics = dual cell + room for another 2 or 3 cells easily. non propo but the steering is motorized rack and pinion and it works very well. runtime is very very very good.

motor = torque/ stock the speed is ok. torque is way beyond any bit motor.

mechanics = must be made by same manufacturer as zipzaps. very similar quality

controller = kinda strange but it works. separate charger(3aaa) plugs into the bottom of the controller(runs on 9v). range is better than any microsizer.

overall = im happy with it. plenty of room for electronic tinkering and mechanically its sound but should be easy to improve. driving is fun out of the box with plenty of power.
Son_Gokou
bitNinja

Post by Son_Gokou »

Sounds cool, I may pick one up. When you say "dual cell, room for another 2 or 3 cells easily" Then you're actually saying we can cram THREE more batts in there? Are they the same batts as the ZipZaps? And, how fast do they go out fo the box, in mph, and with the upgrades? Can you do any drifting with these things? How fast are they compared to an Epoch?

Sorry for all the questions, this is really good stuff!
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ya it has a pack 2.4 120mah. which means two 60mah cells. im sure with a little surgery you could easily have a quad cell. no clue on the hopups but stock it doesnt have a great top end but it has a lot of torque. it runs on carpet that a zipzap wouldnt even move on.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

i picked up one of these last thursday (the same pimped orange wrx as hog) and the hop up kit at the same time... the stock stuff was kinda quick, but the hop up stuff screams! im currently running the orange (19,000 rpm) motor with the green (6.28:1) gears and it peels out and accelerates to the point of making me want a bigger kitchen! the hop ups also come with 2 more sets of tires (treads and slicks) and a neat little pinion remover thingy. as far as i can tell the only thing this ride needs to be the for real sheeit is some sort of suspension cuz it is kinda bouncy when cornering. as for the tx, i love it! ive been using it to drive my other 49mhz cars (at least my motorworks "project celica") oh, by the way,hog, is that 4th "headless" screw on the board cover some type of pivot or something? i havent gotten around to messing with it yet (hands full with bits and clones) and does anyone know if micro amps is gonna be able to do anything with these?
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

can I have one of those as my prize Hog??

:-D :-D :-D
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Hey hogjowlz, did you ever pick up the tune up kit for this?
Anyhow... they just came out with a few new things for the SS. The lighted bodies are out, but alls they had at the TRU up by Century 3 mall was the red Lancer/yellow Skyline set... I'm holdin out for the Porsche.
The whole point of this is that there's this new "1/4 mile race kit" that comes with either the 2F2F Evo or the 2F2F Skyline body, a set of slick tires, a set of hubcaps, a pinion remover, and the new purple 27,000 rpm motor.
THIS MOTOR IS OFF THE CHAIN. CRAZY FAST. Definately worth the ten bucks.