Review: iWaver mini-z

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
Son_Gokou
bitNinja

Post by Son_Gokou »

Bird: I saw Mini-Z say that he would lock the thread down...I just didn't want the snobs there to get the satisfaction of making my thread an example, or making an example of me...I killed it. :-(
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Bird wrote:
Oh well, whatever, I feel as if I am wasting my time over there, so I will probly let it go. I know that the iWaver is a good enough car for me, and in the end, that's all that really matters.

And that there is wisdom my friend. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Yeah... it seems like these cars were well recieved everywhere but there... oh well, their loss. Anyway, it's been over a month for mine, and it is just fine, and I drive the living shit out of it lol...

Oh, yeah.. the iWaver site is up finally, too. Not fully done, but it's there.

http://www.iwaver.com/
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Sorry about the double post here fellas, but I wanted to copy and paste this here for posterity before I submit it on mzr and it is edited or deleted or whatever is inevitably going to happen to it so that the people that I respect in this hobby can see the truth in my so-called "misunderstandings"

[QUOTE=Draconious]I see were the confusion is comming from, ppl are exagerating, and "putting words in my mouth" that I did not say on other forums... bird especialy.[/QUOTE]

I am not putting anything in your mouth.... I am merely relating the facts to people. YOU do not want to hear that these are good cars. YOU continually slam them when people talk about them. YOU want people to think that ALL clones are "inferior". YOU try to double talk YOUR way out of this fact by bringing moot copyright and patent arguments into the mix. I have nothing "personal" against YOU... just YOUR tactics.

The truth of the matter is, I could care less what anyone says about any cars, it is just the air of arrogance and contempt that radiates from YOUR words that I feel is unfairly portraying these cars.

[QUOTE=Draconious]If the I Waver was about 25$ or less AFTER SHIPPING IT TO USA, then it would be very much worth the cost... [/QUOTE]

What exactly am I misreading in this? Nothing. Those words were deliberately crafted to make people think it is not worth their money.

[QUOTE=Draconious]its not exactly like an MR01, its still a clone, and the "proportionalness" of it, is not as good as the Mini-Z... and in the case of the other LXX, they tend to stop working after a few weeks... and they GLITCH like they have brain hemriges... [/QUOTE]

And this? Ditto.

[QUOTE=Draconious]the iwaver will eventualy have worse range issues than the mini-z once its a few runs-old... its not even worth concidering buying one... [/QUOTE]

Yeah... I totally misunderstood what you were saying there...

[QUOTE=Draconious]Sounds like a clue that, the cheaper made I waver radio is a wider band...

If this is the case, and if any one was using it to control their mini-z in an official race that I was in, I would walk over and STOMP on it, before I let them use it... cuz it might interfere with the other cars on the track... this of course after I asked them nicely to put it away ;) . [/QUOTE]

Yeah... ;) . What am I misunderstanding about this one?

[QUOTE=Draconious]There are also other makes and models of Mini-Z clones, intended to be in the same market, but most of these do not appear to be trying to fool buyers. They are very different in packaging and other things, but they are still not much better then the clone, canned heat, or palm runners. [/QUOTE]

That one is from your site... What am I not getting here? Oh, you didn't mean that, you meant that people should form their own opinions of these cars, right?

So as you can see, I am not going around other forums with some uninformed exaggerations... here are the quotes you asked for, for all to see where I am coming from... simply put, YOU do not want these cars portrayed in a positive light, and when confronted due to your tactics, will backpedal and portray the person defending the cars from YOUR slander as making "personal attacks" on you. I am not attacking YOU... just your arrogant tactics.

P.S. arch2b... I appreciate the fact that you knew the difference between "knowledge" and wisdom when you named this thread... thank you.

There it is... the facts as I know them... once again, sorry for the double post... I just felt the need to put this where it can't be touched.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I agree!! I laid one down over there also. I saved it so I can post the same thing over and over if i need to!!! :grin: :lol:
Son_Gokou
bitNinja

Post by Son_Gokou »

Bird wrote:Sorry about the double post here fellas, but I wanted to copy and paste this here for posterity before I submit it on mzr and it is edited or deleted or whatever is inevitably going to happen to it so that the people that I respect in this hobby can see the truth in my so-called "misunderstandings"
Draconious wrote:I see were the confusion is comming from, ppl are exagerating, and "putting words in my mouth" that I did not say on other forums... bird especialy.
I am not putting anything in your mouth.... I am merely relating the facts to people. YOU do not want to hear that these are good cars. YOU continually slam them when people talk about them. YOU want people to think that ALL clones are "inferior". YOU try to double talk YOUR way out of this fact by bringing moot copyright and patent arguments into the mix. I have nothing "personal" against YOU... just YOUR tactics.

The truth of the matter is, I could care less what anyone says about any cars, it is just the air of arrogance and contempt that radiates from YOUR words that I feel is unfairly portraying these cars.
Draconious wrote:If the I Waver was about 25$ or less AFTER SHIPPING IT TO USA, then it would be very much worth the cost...
What exactly am I misreading in this? Nothing. Those words were deliberately crafted to make people think it is not worth their money.
Draconious wrote:its not exactly like an MR01, its still a clone, and the "proportionalness" of it, is not as good as the Mini-Z... and in the case of the other LXX, they tend to stop working after a few weeks... and they GLITCH like they have brain hemriges...
And this? Ditto.
Draconious wrote:the iwaver will eventualy have worse range issues than the mini-z once its a few runs-old... its not even worth concidering buying one...
Yeah... I totally misunderstood what you were saying there...
Draconious wrote:Sounds like a clue that, the cheaper made I waver radio is a wider band...

If this is the case, and if any one was using it to control their mini-z in an official race that I was in, I would walk over and STOMP on it, before I let them use it... cuz it might interfere with the other cars on the track... this of course after I asked them nicely to put it away ;) .
Yeah... ;) . What am I misunderstanding about this one?
Draconious wrote:There are also other makes and models of Mini-Z clones, intended to be in the same market, but most of these do not appear to be trying to fool buyers. They are very different in packaging and other things, but they are still not much better then the clone, canned heat, or palm runners.
That one is from your site... What am I not getting here? Oh, you didn't mean that, you meant that people should form their own opinions of these cars, right?

So as you can see, I am not going around other forums with some uninformed exaggerations... here are the quotes you asked for, for all to see where I am coming from... simply put, YOU do not want these cars portrayed in a positive light, and when confronted due to your tactics, will backpedal and portray the person defending the cars from YOUR slander as making "personal attacks" on you. I am not attacking YOU... just your arrogant tactics.

P.S. arch2b... I appreciate the fact that you knew the difference between "knowledge" and wisdom when you named this thread... thank you.

There it is... the facts as I know them... once again, sorry for the double post... I just felt the need to put this where it can't be touched.
Props Bird....You told him off gooood.

Drac is a fucking snob...Who gives a flying fuck if it's not FULLY propo....it's still a good RC. And bad range? Not worth the cost? Putting words in his mouth or insulting him? This guy is talking out of his ass....

Right now, if he were standing in my house (without any weapons to defend his pussy) I'd rip his arm off and shove it in his ass..... :finger:

Again, props Bird.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

They deleted the thread I think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-( :sad:
filelicker
bitNinja

Post by filelicker »

Anybody know if this is the same Draconious that posts on TINYRC ?
People are like slinkies..... they are the most fun when you push them down stairs.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

filelicker wrote:Anybody know if this is the same Draconious that posts on TINYRC ?
One and the same. Why? I am actually trying to make peace with dude, and I'm just wondering if I'm in for any surprises?
filelicker
bitNinja

Post by filelicker »

He's quite the asshole, I have run into him in few different area's of that websites forum threads.
People are like slinkies..... they are the most fun when you push them down stairs.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

This was my last post over there. Ithought it was a great one to end the thread!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bet Drac thought I gave up after he accused me of being a debater for some class project!!! Just because someone says they like to debate, you immediately jump the gun and say that I'm doin' it for fun and classwork, not because I'm angry or trying to say something positve about a car thats not a Mini-Z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
Off Topic, and hopefuly does not apply here:
I know that on other forums, not nessessarily mini-z related, some members intentionaly start "debates" in practice for "debate club/classes", if any of this is an iota related to this, we realy do not need it here... true honest feelings only here please. I only say this cuz I have seen others post in these other forums "our teacher recomended to start a debate in online chat rooms" etc, type of posts... frankly im not in the mood, I only reply when some one else posts something that makes me do so... if the issues I brought up were not already a factor on the forum, I would have never even bothered to post about the stupid clone issue...

I'm sorry I missed out on all the fun, but Bird, Easy, your right on.

I tried to have a ligit back and forth postin' fest with him, but it always ended up with Drac throwin' the law down because he disagreed!!

I see that Easy and Bird did some back tracking to prior posts and got the evidence to show whats really being denied by Drac.

I would of fired off a couple more rounds of posts, but my legal staff , said to drop it and let the negitive iWaver comments rot in their own shame and sorrow.

I originally came here to read about the Mini-Z and find out if its worth buying, but after the way I see Mini-Z owners treat people that don't own one, I really want to stay away. It is ashame that I came here for that reason and came across the iWaver thread, that is shut down now and started reading it, that such a closed-minded individual could be a moderator on a forum of discussions.

Does not the title "moderator" come from the term "moderate"?

Webster's----moderate adj. "1. Not extreme or excessive. 2. TEMPERATE. "

Webster's---moderating " 1.To MAKE or BECOME LESS extreme or intense."

@ Drac---I AM NOT a moderator, so with that out of the way, it is not my intentions or purpose to argue, put down, discredit, knock, entice, provide, or improve any part of ANY forum or discussion. Its not even my responiblity to contrbute anything. But as it seems, you like to contribute plenty of negitive comments about a car that was being dicussed in your forum, in which you are a moderator, and you don't like what is being said in it.

So with all this being said, lock down this one also.

@ Arch---Your cool!! You communicated your opinion as a moderator should. I don't want to sound like I gave you permission, but, that is the way it should be done!!

Peace, Love, and iWavers 4 EVER!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I guess my fun is over with Drac, I just don't feel like it anymore.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

All this drama over what? A freakin RC car. I commened all of you who have tried to reason with these people (mini z nazis). You may find the futility in continuing with these people sooner or later. Meanwhile, enjoy the iwaver for what it is and fuck all that other shit. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

sessiz wrote:All this drama over what? A freakin RC car. I commened all of you who have tried to reason with these people (mini z nazis). You may find the futility in continuing with these people sooner or later. Meanwhile, enjoy the iwaver for what it is and fuck all that other shit. :-)
Damn, sessiz, why you always gotta be talkin' all this sense into me when I was about to drop the last 5 or 6 posts from that deleted thread... yeah... thats right, I got that shit archived... muaahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

I'm done with it, though. I know I said that before, but I had to come correct after being called out by name... I wasn't telling anyone anything that everybody already didn't know, and was being accused of "putting words into.... " fuck it, you know the rest... I'll let it go.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I just needed to argue with someone. :grin:
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

What happened to these? I keep checking the toyeast website and there haven't been any available for 2 weeks now...

edit: alright, they're back. Anyone who has ordered one from toyeast, is shipping about $20 each, so like $45 shipped?
Last edited by SuperFly on Mon May 10, 2004 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.