Review: iWaver mini-z

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Yes, very smooth steering. I'd say about 219, its the smoothest you can get!! It the steering was any smoother, there would be an SG edition of it.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

:cool:

ph2t.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

:???: :???: What, its a guitar. Did I miss something?
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

ph2t wrote:very smooth propo controll (apparently - I don't own one)
The man speaks the truth, though. I said it before, I'll say it again.... Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay smoother than the xmod. Same goes for the throttle. I can creep as slow as I want, accelerate smoothly and evenly, or go flat out... all much more precisely than with my xmod.

This so-called "cheap clone" is making me regret spending as much as I did on xmod stuff. It's that good. I will repeat that I don't have a real mini-z to compare.... But I do have 2 "hobby class" radio systems(Futaba Magnum Sport pistol and an old school Airtronics Vector 2 stick) and I'm as pleased with the preciseness of control I have over the iWaver as I have been with those systems in the cars and trucks I've had them in.

Read the iWaver thread over at mzr, Goku. The guys who are defending this clone from narrow-minded "purists" are 100% right in doing so. Just because it doesn't say Kyosho on the box is no reason to write it off as junk.... especially if you haven't even driven one. Do not value biased opinion over experience.... form your own opinion.

@219... that's a Gibson SG, fool!
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Bird wrote:@219... that's a Gibson SG, fool!
I figured thats what it was, but wasn't sure.

I wouldn't know the difference between that "SG" and a "BS" if you broke them over my head. I'll stick to listening to them, I'd love to be able to play one, but I'm to impatient to learn.
TMP
bitGangsta'

Post by TMP »

:lol: , right when he said SG edition.. that is exactly what popped in my head, then i scrolled down and saw it! :rockon:
The METALLIC Pimp.
Son_Gokou
bitNinja

Post by Son_Gokou »

ph2t wrote:very smooth propo controll (apparently - I don't own one)
... :-(

Anyway.....Aus is pretty close to Japan, so the shipping would be less for you...I'm guessing. :-)

I was chatting with Gfunk bout these things....He says he's heard of em, they probably have lower quality.....like, say, weaker plastic, harder parts to fit, and a little less range than that of an actual mini-z. But the small losses in quality will be a pretty minor compensation for the drop in price. I'm gonna order one soon, if not today...I'll keep bugging my dad till he does. :-)\

edit: Bird, mzr= mini-z racer, right? Over at mini-zracer, ph2t used mzr there...I'm guessing it's a different site? :???:
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

I was talking about Mini-Z Racer. Heres the iWaver thread. You'll see what I mean.....

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showth ... 919&page=1
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Bird wrote:I was talking about Mini-Z Racer. Heres the iWaver thread. You'll see what I mean.....

I love that thread. :lol:
That mini z racer guy and the starter of the thread are both members of the track where I took my xmod. I wonder what they'll think when I take my iwaver over there. :???: (really don't give a fuck):lol:
I'm strictly against kyosho now, and unfortunatly it's becuase of people like draconis over there. It reminds me of the guys with the porsche or bimmer clubs frowning on the jap cars in 1:1. (it also reminds me of the zip vs. bits debates that I hated so much) I'm in it for fun, I'll play some basketball or football if I wanna compete for pride or glory.
I'm sure from what I've read and having this BIG ASS attic, that I'll be running my iwaver and xmod and enjoying them.
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
TMP
bitGangsta'

Post by TMP »

sessiz wrote:
Bird wrote:I was talking about Mini-Z Racer. Heres the iWaver thread. You'll see what I mean.....

That mini z racer guy and the starter of the thread are both members of the track where I took my xmod. I wonder what they'll think when I take my iwaver over there. :???: (really don't give a fuck):lol:
I'm strictly against kyosho now, and unfortunatly it's becuase of people like draconis over there. It reminds me of the guys with the porsche or bimmer clubs frowning on the jap cars in 1:1. (it also reminds me of the zip vs. bits debates that I hated so much) I'm in it for fun, I'll play some basketball or football if I wanna compete for pride or glory.
I'm sure from what I've read and having this BIG ASS attic, that I'll be running my iwaver and xmod and enjoying them.
Right on, end the R/C wars. Too many dickheads that want to feel superior. :cool:
The METALLIC Pimp.
Son_Gokou
bitNinja

Post by Son_Gokou »

I'm copying and pasting this review from RCmod, so forgive me if it sounds childish or gay....

"Today in the mail, I received the Blue Skyline GT-R Iwaver Mini-Z starter kit, the Blue Viper body, and the Escalation motor all from ToyEast. All I can say is wow....The speed out of the box is amazing, compared to that of an Xmod. :eek: The turning is so much sharper, but the car frickin spins out so easily. The acceleration is pretty neat too, and the running noise is so much quieter than an Xmod!! It also weighs less, but this Iwaver came without rear suspension.....

The steering isn't fully propo, but it IS better than an Xmod, 30-40 steps to each side. The tires don't come off so easily when I spin out, unlike an Xmod's weak tires. If I get the tires clean enough, I can powerslide (drifting isn't whipping your butt around a corner smoothly) nicely enough. Did I mention the Viper body ROCKS???? So shiny and so...authentic!! Plus, you can't beat the range. The controller is nicer too, more RC-ish than gunnish. My only regrets are the easy spinouts, and the usage of 8 AA batts. Other than that, AWESOME!!

I'm breaking in the Escalation motor right now (not water dipping it, just hooked it up to an adapter), and when I throw it in, I'm sure the thing will scream bloody murder!!

I still love Xmods for their 4WD, their many frequencies in one package, and easier-to-obtain upgrades, plus easier body mounting, but this Mini-Z really rocks!!!"

And, some pics....

betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

sessiz wrote:

you shoulda seen the looks on the 1/10 scale racers faces when i did a few laps with a bit at a local rc track! priceless! :cool:
i used to be cool
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

I got my iwaver today. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. :(
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Son_Gokou wrote: The steering isn't fully propo, but it IS better than an Xmod, 30-40 steps to each side.
I take it you counted these 30-40 steps? And you say it isn't fully propo?
Son_Gokou wrote:
I'm breaking in the Escalation motor right now (not water dipping it, just hooked it up to an adapter), and when I throw it in, I'm sure the thing will scream bloody murder!!
Dipping a motor in water is the most stupidest thing I've heard. If anyone understood why you must break in a motor then they wouldn't be doing it in water...... Charlie, do you even KNOW why you must break in a motor?
Son_Gokou wrote: I still love Xmods for their 4WD, their many frequencies in one package, and easier-to-obtain upgrades, plus easier body mounting, but this Mini-Z really rocks!!!"
It AIN'T and NEVER WILL BE a mini-z, so don't call it one.....

ph2t.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

sessiz wrote:I got my iwaver today. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. :(
we'll hurry up then slacka!