Review: iWaver mini-z

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

It takes about a week. I ordered a bunch of bits and bit parts and pullbacks and stuff with mine so I'm not sure what shipping would be for just a car... I've heard people say that if you just get a car it comes to like 40 something altogether...

219 got the Benz body on the side... it needs wide wheels just like the Ferarri shell I got when I got mine... If yer gonna get the Benz, get the complete car... that way you'll have the wide back wheels... if you just get the shell, and one of the narrow wheeled chassis, you'll look funny(look at my Ferarri pics on the first page of this thread).
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

aiight well i ordered and did express so i hope it makes it by next thursday!! if not I'll be pissed!
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Why do I have a feeling you will be crying in a week? :sob: That whole watched kettle thing and Toy East by what I have seen never works. By the way, what did you order MM?
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

lol i can only hope... did you guys order express, too?

I got my mom to order me the thing, I didnt wanna push it and ask for anything else... I juss got the CLK, that's it... order came to like $58.33 or somethin
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

well, ya don't gotta worry about me cryin, cuz guess what I got today!!
:-)

now of course, I've got to wait until my batts are finished charging!! ugh.... lol I'll live tho!! I guess then maybe I should go and read the instruction manual lol
arch2b
bitThug

Post by arch2b »

hello iwaver fans :-)

what can i say.... as a moderator at mini-zracer i have to apologize for the crap fest that continued to drag on over there. i tried my best to stay out of the way and i never took any action that i didn't think was necesarry. heck i was ll for the iwaver thread's as you can see in each one that has posted. it's a shame really that such a wealth of information on these doesn't get the chance to be heard or shared. i'll do my best to not comment on anyone in particular regarding the fiasco that was as it is not my place here to do so. sufice to say i was extremely disappointed that all the iwaver threads seemed to get swamped by pointless bickering. i wanted to see cool stuff like most of this thread shows.

as far as their availability, someone in a thread on mzr said an ebay seller has them for something like $40 which is $10 bucks cheaper than the next u.s. seller. at that price i will be buying a few for the younger kids to run on my rcp track. they keep aksing me to run my z's and i keep telling them no way in hell as i don't want to tape $150-300 on a car and run it into a wall :-( i'd rather get a few clones or whatever your favorite term fot them is and let them wreck those.

i'd also like to use the electronics in some of the custom projects i have in mind. you can't beat that price for full set of working electronics 8)

now if they would only release an iwaver overland i'd be in heaven :eek:
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Don't sweat it, arch. It's water under the bridge. I too was disappointed in the way the iWaver threads degenerated and unraveled over there(and I guess they still do, huh? I still drop in and read a lot... I love some of the stuff those overland guys are doing)... I only posted the things I did because it seemed to me that these cars were being unfairly categorized as a waste of money... I also feel the need to apologize to you for coming and acting up the way I did... although I felt it was justified at the time I realized it was not my place to be doing so(not to mention that I felt like I was arguing with my four year old)... anyways, I'm sorry for acting like I did.

After 3 months of owning my iWaver, I am still satisfied with it... A few of my friends have recieved problematic ones, and I feel really bad for that, but I still think that they are worth the price(I just say that because if those were mine, I'd have fixed the problems by now lol)...

I too have some custom things in mind... a few of us have been toying with the idea of making boats with iWaver or xmod electronics lol... We shall see where that leads us :???:.... budget Palm Cruiser? Well, maybe not that style(at least for me... I have my eye on this Tyco that has an "unlimited" race lookin' hull...)

Like you, there are a lot of people, myself included, that would love to see an iWaver overland.... I'm not holding my breath, though, as I have heard that there will be an MR02 iWaver before that...

Oh, damn, I almost forgot... Welcome to the hood! :cool:
arch2b
bitThug

Post by arch2b »

hehe, my 4 yr old can put up a good argument 8-) so i know what it's like and i understand the frustration.

an iwaver boat huh? sounds like an awsome idea! especially now that rcp has shown that the rcp tracks can double as boat tanks with some extra rails and plastic sheeting.

in regards to your friends problematic iwaver's... xmods have an even worse track record for returns. i once posted a poll on tinyrc and was very surprised at the numebr of owners that had to return a purchase, sometimes more than once. so, for the money, the iwaver looks even better with that in mind

and were not all mini'z snobs over there :lol:
Son_Gokou
bitNinja

Post by Son_Gokou »

lol....

well, on Sunday I (er, my dad) ordered these following parts from MZR:

1 GPM alloy motor mount
1 11T pinion
1 Carbon Fiber Midship Conversion X plate
4 SI4562DY FETs (for now, I think I'll try stacking FETs first before I try ph2t's woah nelly turbo)

I'm not putting in the P.D. until I make or buy a Woah nelly from ph2t though....

Oh, I have a few questions, for anyone who has experience:

1. Some people on R7R say that you can use a KT-2 Perfex controller with the Iwaver Z to increase proportionality and range, is this true? I'm thinking of buying one eventually.
2. Where is the best place to buy the FETs that are featured in the Woah nelly (IRF7425 and NTD110N02R)? I'm getting them next month when I get my next allowance.
sg219
bitPimp

Coming soon bodies............

Post by sg219 »

Here is some coming soon bodies for the iWaver!!

GT 40 and a Carrera GT

:cool:
Son_Gokou
bitNinja

Re: Coming soon bodies............

Post by Son_Gokou »

sg219 wrote:Here is some coming soon bodies for the iWaver!!

GT 40 and a Carrera GT

:cool:
A CARRERA GT!?!?!?!

Sdog
bitPimp

New bodies up on the iWaver site...

Post by Sdog »

GT40 and Carrera now showing up on the site....both in 6 flavors:
http://iwaver.com/
BOURBON TIME OUT!