Comparison: Hitari vs. RS

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
sg219
bitPimp

Comparison: Hitari vs. RS

Post by sg219 »

This post isn't a review of the Hitari or RS stuff, just a similarity between them.

I just picked up a Hitari Set from Sdog. I wasn't totally sure what it was all about, but it is a great set with 2 bodies and a bunch of other stuff too. It's basically an RS ZZ with cool bodies and controller.

Then today while at RS ordering the new Dodge trucks...on my way out I notice a ride on CLEARANCE!! Reg. $19.97, marked down to $9.97. Well, it was a 1:32nd scale Ford Focus racer ride. I picked it up and it had the same controller as the Hitari set I just got from Sdog. I had to buy it.

When I opened it, I noticed that the instructions said that there is a Subie Rally car too. Anyone seen them? I want one!!!

Also, is there any official connection between RS and other brands. Not just speculation and hearsay. :???:
chrome
bitNinja

Post by chrome »

Yeah, the Subie and the Focus's are great. They are Race Tin clones only with motorized steering. You've missed out on the hayday of the 1:32 scale, but you can probably still find some decent hop ups and parts for them. Look for relays on the forums and a plasma dash motor from Tamiya.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it was determined that RS and Hitari bought the RC's from the same manufacturer. There was some talk over on MRCC about it when Team Bonzer introduced them awhile back.

Later,
Chrome...
Intelligence is knowing what you don't know.
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

That Focus shell looks pretty nice. Of course, I already know the Hitari 1:64 shells are nice. They are very similar to ZZ's. Look closely at the chassis and you will notice a difference with the steering magnets and there is no "hole" for a suspension bar. Other than that, the chassis are about identical.

Makes you wonder exactly how few companies are actually manufacturing these parts.
BOURBON TIME OUT!
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

I just picked up a Hitari Set from Sdog.
How Much ? :???:
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

DT, he bought those from me with a bunch of other stuff. I have come across those sets several times on ebay. They come from the UK.

Just in case you missed this, here is a thread about them:

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... ght=hitari
BOURBON TIME OUT!
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

They came with a bunch of stuff I snatched up from him.

Great deal too. :cool:

I like the Hitari set because the bodies are Grrrrrrrrrreat!! 8-)

They handle and run just like the ZZ's.
Mazda787b
bitPlaya'

Post by Mazda787b »

I had the focus too. They did make a subie, but they were all clearanced out around here right after christmas. I had the Focus mounted on an Xmod RSX, but I soon sold it. If you really want some fun out of that car, mod the battery box, and hook a 9v to it.
There's no replacement for displacment.
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

I'd be very interested in the focus, since I drive one. I've never had experience with 1/32 scale cars, but they look like fun with tons of mod potential. I'll have to start saving though......not to mention wifeys permission. :sad:
Mazda787b
bitPlaya'

Post by Mazda787b »

Believe it or not, if you can strap a 9v into it, is runs pretty well. I didn't ahve the tools to do it correctly at that time, so it was mroe of a hack job, but it would keep up with a stage 2 powered xmod on the straightaways, but the non-propo steering wasn't teh hot setup for my old roadcoarse.
There's no replacement for displacment.