Super Slick Track: Great track for bits!

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
crazydave
bitPimp

Super Slick Track: Great track for bits!

Post by crazydave »

Man, this thing was only $2.50. I picked it up, and the box weighed a ton. It's says 95 pieces, that's gotta be worth $2.50, I figured. Boy, was it.

I like it because it looks like a brick wall, and is high enough to easily keep bits contained.

It's got little pieces to lock it together. I also thought that was cool because that will also help keep the car contained.

I set up this little track on my table top. To see if it would actually keep the car contained, and see if the car ended up on the floor at all. It took about 5 minutes to set up. It functioned great. Kept the car in place, didn't slide around, didn't bind up. Everything I could ask for.

I used most the small curves and small straights for the this track, but I still had a bunch of large straights and curves left, I could easily make this track much bigger. They advertise a 4x6 track, and that sounds about right. I think 2 or 3 boxes would be better to have, especially at the price, but unfortunately, this was the last one :(
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Guess who'll never run out of bricks to paint for scenery?

I take it they didn't include the driving surface that makes em do this?

But honestly, that's cool. Small package, easy assembly and they work.
Nice review dude.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Nah no driving surface. :(

It's not like I expect the cars to kick up dust, I just figured the box was damn heavy, there must be soething besides barries in there.

...and yeah, small package, but who knows if I'll ever take the time to organize all the pieces so they all fit back in the box. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

I picked up one at TRU for $5.98, still better price than the ZZ barrier kit, and bigger too as CD says.
About 10-20 more various curved pieces and more red connectors, and this sucker would have been 'perfect' right out of the box. It comes with less connectors than track pieces, so I felt somewhat limited in my track options.
It also snaps together perfect with the ZZ barrier kit and Lap Counter.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
99skyline
bitHood

Post by 99skyline »

That looks almost like the Zip Zap tracks they sell for $4.95 but a better deal.
My Zip Zaps:
2005 Bonspeed Mustang GT
2000 Honda S2000
1999 Nissan Skyline
2004 Hummer H2 SUT
1970 Dodge Challenger
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

They are aparently the same as ZZ tracks, as I've since found out, and as Motorgong said, it is lame they do not come with enough connectors pieces, what's the sense without them.
crazydave's Gallery