review: xtrek 3.4 motors

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
betty.k
bitPimp

review: xtrek 3.4 motors

Post by betty.k »

just got a set of these motors from toyeast
http://www.toyeast.com/v2/proddetail2.a ... =A01101029

i haven't done any hardcore testing with lots of motors and stats but i'm impressed! the test rig was my lipo and iwavered zzse. this car will destroy a crappy motor in a matter of minutes, the xtrek is just fine after a run :-o

this rig also exagerates the difference between a weak motor and a strong one. i tested out a tomy 2.2, 3.0 (THE most underated motor in the micro world!), a good perfection 3.8. slowest was obviously the 2.2. the 3.8 is pretty fast and powerful, but the lucifer 3.0 was a touch faster and had more torque. so last i try the xtrek and..... DAYUM!! :eek: this motor is awesome!! easily had a big increase in power over the others. :-o

so i can honestly say this motor is one of the best i've used ever! even better than the purple zz 3.4!! and that's not all, you get 2 in the pack plus a really cool pinion removing tool (which no one needs but hey, it's fun!) :)
i used to be cool
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Dammit!! Why didn't I see this BEFORE I put in my order with ToyEast?
Thanks for the mention, betty k. Ima get me some.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

you definately want these motors! nearly 2 weeks and that motor is going just as well as when i first dropped it in. quality product! :cool:
i used to be cool