Track review?

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
Finks
bitPimp

Track review?

Post by Finks »

I know some of you guys have purchased this track
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 44497&rd=1
Is it worth it? Blah blah blah, would love to see a review before I purchase one.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

There's a little discussion about it in the "tracks" section. Some pimp won one off E-Bay with some other goods.
I like the part of the discussion where I mention I live 20 miles from the "exclusive importer", and that I'll stop by his retail store and check it out first hand, and then....nothing....I totally forgot!!!!! :? I'm fersure goin' to Seattle Tuesday, so if nobody reviews here, I'm sure I can tell ya something. ( if i remember to stop by the damn place, that is...)
Plus I wonder how much it REALLY costs to ship? If they're any good, I might have to become the "exclusive importer" for BP and save my fellow pimps some shipping $.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I'll tell you guys one thing, with 6" wide lanes, that track is only for technical racing with slow motors. My tracks have 9" wide lanes, and I can barely get around it with a 3.8 motor, even on my larger one with the 8' straight (The straight is a trick, it just throws you into a chicane too fast). I have to go down to a 2.6 to make clean laps. If I ever get a buddy to come race it's still too technical for the inexperienced even with the 2.6. I usually go down to 2.2s for friends. So I can't even imagine 6" wide lanes.

You don't want the track to be too technical. Racing action is way more fun when it's non stop, rather that starting and stopping all the time.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

I'll throw this out there:

hue35 and I have a big-ass RCP track we use for racing mini-zs. Due to the handcuffs I'm wearing, we've only been able to race bits as of late. We made a bit track out of single-width RCP tiles, with Radio Shack track barriers for the inner wall. Those tiles are like 18" wide, and I wouldn't want anything smaller. As it is, mosfet cars with a 3.8 go about as fast as you can control well. I consider hue and I pretty decent bit drivers, and about the best we can do on 18" wide tiles in an oval with a chicane is about 2 laps without crashing. RCP is quality stuff, and it's not as expensive as it might seem when you consider you're ready to race with it.

Like dave said, technical tracks are for masochists. Some of our best racing has been with stock cars ripped right out of the box racing in an oval. Much more fun to be barrelling side-by-side at full throttle than reverse-turn-forward-turn-reverse-turn-forward all night long.
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

BTW, I stopped by that DB Auto Sound place as planned. He said they closed at 5 when I talked to him 2 weeks ago. I show up slightly after 4:30, and nobody is there!! No hours on the door, and the window tint is so dark I couldn't see inside the store, not even to get an idea on what the store is all about. I go by there every week or so, I'll stop again.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual