SSMT

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

SSMT

Post by pimpsmurf »

I got a SSMT a few days ago, and after returning it for having faulty steering, I got a new one.

As far as the motor goes, it has similar performance to the ZZMT orange motor (which is to say, the orange motor went the same speed when I mounted it in the SSMT.) I doubt we will ever see motor upgrades.

The Gearbox is a 3 gear setup that provides buttloads of torque. I couldn't figure a way to bring the gear ratio down so I could get more than 1-2 mph out of it.

I wasted a kokam 145 lipo on this thing. Don't bother with lipo. I don't know if 4 cell NMH would do any better or fry the electronics, but 1 cell lipo didn't do very much at all. The gear ratio lets it go top speed in less than 1 second. I'm thinking about putting a 2s kokam 145mAh lipo in it and see just how quick it blows the electronics. :)

Result: Don't buy this piece of crap. The only real mod anyone has made is a locked diff. It is rediculously slow. The steering has very little torque. It sucks. I give it :o :o

-JNY
stagg
bitGangsta'

Re: SSMT

Post by stagg »

pimpsmurf wrote:I got a SSMT a few days ago, and after returning it for having faulty steering, I got a new one.

As far as the motor goes, it has similar performance to the ZZMT orange motor (which is to say, the orange motor went the same speed when I mounted it in the SSMT.) I doubt we will ever see motor upgrades.

The Gearbox is a 3 gear setup that provides buttloads of torque. I couldn't figure a way to bring the gear ratio down so I could get more than 1-2 mph out of it.

I wasted a kokam 145 lipo on this thing. Don't bother with lipo. I don't know if 4 cell NMH would do any better or fry the electronics, but 1 cell lipo didn't do very much at all. The gear ratio lets it go top speed in less than 1 second. I'm thinking about putting a 2s kokam 145mAh lipo in it and see just how quick it blows the electronics. :)

Result: Don't buy this piece of crap. The only real mod anyone has made is a locked diff. It is rediculously slow. The steering has very little torque. It sucks. I give it :o :o

-JNY
Not true, you CAN streach it, And people have changed A few other things, like making it Propo.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

Yes I've seen those r7r and other sites. I meant to say no speed-related mods.

-JNY
mod_o_matic
bitThug

Post by mod_o_matic »

Hmm..
Maybe a iWaver pcb and a 130 class motor :D something like that :lol:
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

or you could stick a 1/10th esc in there with a 540 class in there as well... :D
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

ooh oooh I know.....

throw it out the fucken window of your car whilst driving at 50mph

it'll sure go fast then........
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

Shit I found a better way to get it up to 20mph. I'm about to mod it with my iron... my 9 iron. video to come! :-o

I don't care what these crazy shits say. This thing is slow and not worth the effort (even with it's cool chassis). It's slower than the sweat falling from my forehead when I soldered the kokam in, that is unless it falls off my work table. Then it is about the same. If anyone wants to save this piece of superslick shit from a painfull death at the hands of a golf club, then $10.00 shipped (US Only) gets it with the kokam 145 cell that is in it. I won't touch that thing again. Ph2t can have it for free if he promices to stop playing with his rc18t and get some nellys out the damned door soon.

-JNY
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Seriously, this car has so many issues, I believe it would be easier to scratch build a better chassis, than modify this into something practical.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

Well put.
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Well i had the same problem everyone else had but after adding a cell the sterring got a little better and the stretch took me no more than a hour or so to do just making sure everything was fitting properly. Now its actually a pretty little fun crawler.

some pics

paperclips are the eastiest way to hold that in and those are now replaced with blue paperclips to match the escalade.

Hope this gave you a few ideas :-)
mikirgra
bitThug

Post by mikirgra »

crazydave wrote:Seriously, this car has so many issues, I believe it would be easier to scratch build a better chassis, than modify this into something practical.
I don't know bro, this Garcol dude has made his in to a pretty capable little crawler. It's worth looking at his stuff just to see his pics alone. Great little play area he has too. Check it out!

http://ripper7racing.com/forums/index.p ... topic=4046

I have several SS's, but haven't really been interested in the trucks. Beginning to think twcie about that now. Too bad that TRU looks to be disco'ing the SS line before any of the promised 4WD upgrades came out.