rcmart GPM suckage

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

rcmart GPM suckage

Post by pimpsmurf »

I just got my full set of GPM alloy for my Mini-Z Monster from rcmart today, and as I was putting it all together, I discovered that there are different shades of blue! At first, I thought I remembered seeing light blue and blue as different choices on a different site (xmods stuff IIRC), but the never-updated gpmracing.com.hk site doesn't show light-blue as a color option for MZM parts.

So, I wonder; was I sent light blue parts? or is the dye just a little off? Outsite, you can't really tell the difference, but inside it is disgustingly off-color. Has anyone has a similar issue with GPM stuff? Does anyone have a picture of lightblue and blue parts side-by-side? Should I just stop being a whiner?

Sucks to be me,
-JNY
sg219
bitPimp

Re: rcmart GPM suckage

Post by sg219 »

pimpsmurf wrote:...or is the dye just a little off?...
They are NOT dyed. They are anodized. :roll:

Just de-anodize them. :-o
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

another option is to de anodize them and re paint them with some automotive grade anodize spray. I say this because i assume you purchaed the blue ones instead of silver because you wanted that color to match the rest of your rig. Just an idea,, probably cheaper than trying to ship them back for replacements

STG
chrome
bitNinja

Post by chrome »

GPM aluminum parts are notorious for not matching exactly. Anodizing is like dying nylon. There are a lot of factors that determine the color outcome.

Later,
Chrome...
Intelligence is knowing what you don't know.