The Perfect Rims?

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
Finks
bitPimp

The Perfect Rims?

Post by Finks »

OK, was at Wally world today and as usual was looking over the die-cast cars. I really wanted something to go with my new pink "American Classic" ride I got from the group buy but nothing was striking me. Then I saw these. They are made by Maisto Custom Shop (or some shit, I threw out the packaging before I realized what I had here) called Pro Rodz.

Once I took this baby apart I found that not only were the rear tires fatties, but they had perfect groves similar to a Zip or Bit! I had to slip some rubber on em, and these shoes fit perfect.

The two greatest restraints about doing a wheel swap concern not drilling the hole straight and then if the tire actually fits 100% on the rim. Well with these they do, and like I said before, they're FATTIES! No more hole in the middle of your rim, no more falling apart at high speeds, and most importantly, no more gay ass hubcaps.

Being somewhat of a wheel conasure let me tell you, buy these, buy lots and buy them soon before something stupid happens to the manufacturer. You won't be disappointed.

Oh yeah, the pics. :-o

The stock tires are not taht bad at all either, a tad slicker than RC tires, but not nearly as hard as what we are used to.

Now that's what I'm talkin about.

Did you call me Fatty? Oh, well thank you. :cool:

The money shot, all up in your face. Sorry it's so blurry, couldn't wait till morning to snap a pic of these fresh shoes.

Die-cast was the standard price, like $2 and something cents. Seriously, what are you doing still reading this shit? Go buy some!
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Thanks finks I'll keep my eyes open on our next trip to walmarts. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Fuck man, I still ain't over pullbacks and that's like ages old.
WTF, now I gotta shopping again?

Those rims are nice. I dig the treads, how's the rubber?
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Finks
bitPimp

Re: The Perfect Rims?

Post by Finks »

Finks wrote: The stock tires are not taht bad at all either, a tad slicker than RC tires, but not nearly as hard as what we are used to.
:drinkin:
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That's cool except for one thing. Did anybody else have a problem with their fatties getting hard and cracking?

None of my other bit or zip tires have hardened at all, but every single tire from my first 2 fatty sets have got hard, lost their traction, and some are cracking. That makes me believe there has to have been something different about those tires.

I'm hoping the precision tires in the most recent set will be all right, but there was only one set of usable tires in that set, so that doesn't leave me very many fatties. :-(
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Re: The Perfect Rims?

Post by CaboWabo »

Finks wrote:
Finks wrote: The stock tires are not taht bad at all either, a tad slicker than RC tires, but not nearly as hard as what we are used to.
:drinkin:
:-( :smile:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.