Shen Qi Wei, Finally a review

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
Finks
bitPimp

Shen Qi Wei, Finally a review

Post by Finks »

OK so I beat out DT on a brand spankin new Shen Qi Wei
(naw, just kiddin, I bid first and he being the true pimp he is, let me have it, mad props bro :-o ) So it came today, and all I can say is, Not too shabby. "Not too shabby" you say???? Not OFMG these clones are FtW!!@!!!11! or Good Lawd the best clone EVER!!!!!!!!!! Well, no, not because they couldn't be, but I haven't owned an LXX (coming in the mail) and it's my understanding those are the reigning king of clones.

Now don't get me wrong, this thing is nice, hell, it's VERY nice, but it ends there. As far as clones go it's the total package without becoming revolutionary. Here, lets just get down to it.

Obviously the first thing you notice is the crazy ball shell this thing comes in. It is by no means ground breaking, but it is cool that it stores the car on the charger. Also to note, little lights are located on the side of it's clear shell every time you hit a button. But the nicest thing about the controller is that the car snaps into it so solidly. That's a big thing that erks me w/ clone controllers, a lot of the time the damn car just doesn't pop in right or is a pain in the ass to keep the tabs constantly connected while it charges.

As for the cons, well there aren't any. At fist I thought it odd to use with the lid up, but hell we do that w/ Zip zaps. This thing doesn't make you look manly, even tho it uses playing cards suits as the directionals on the controller. But wtf, we are in a hobby that's target audience is 10-15 year olds.... OK here's a pic

Now for the reason these things have gotten so much attention, the shells. Well again, they are ... Nice, very nice. I got a Ferrari (I think... correct me if I am wrong and as to what model it is) and lets just say, all that can be easily fixed is absolutely heinous, and all that a modder really wants in a shell is all there (with the exception of the opaque windows)

Pros, The detail and precision is spot on. I have yet to see better. IT sits perfectly on the chassis and all the small details are all there. These have SO Much modding potential. Also, I don't think I have ever seen a shell like the one I got before, could it be unique?

The cons, yeah, #1 the ghey ass stickers, all clones have em, and they all need to be removed ASAP. #2 who the fuck would paint a car like this with such a disgusting color scheme. Re fuckin tarted, but that's all right, this car wasn't ment to be displayed on my shelf without a custom paint job anyhow. More pics.

Yes it's that gay Note: this is the cover of one of my kids coloring books, hehe, dirty dirty gnomes

Ahhh that's a bit better

The Ass shot

OK now for what I honestly know very little about, the chassis. This car runs great. Has a very nice stock speed that would own on a custom track. Not too fast, not too slow. it can almost pop a wheelie when slammed into reverse then going forward. It tracks perfectly straight and the tires are made of a nice composite (note the word nice is used a lot in this review) The run time is almost 2 min on the dot and yeah, that's the end of all I know. Thought I would be helpful to those that actually know about this shit and snap a pic of the PCB for you to put your $.02 on.

All I can tell you here is that.. ummm it's green

So, in conclusion, this is a very nice clone, if you can find it at a decent clone price, buy it, for sure, you will not be disappointed. Most importantly tho, as far as I can tell in the two hours I have owned it, you are getting bit char-g quality out of a clone. Other than the opaque windows they didn't skimp on craftsmanship. Also if you have read this far.... Wow, congrats 8-)
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

Nice, very nice. I got a Ferrari
yup, its a Ferrari. how much better is this than the previous Shens? is there any noticable difference in speed or handling? well, i used to have a few of the older ones, and i agree with the style of the shells, much much better than the older ones. Anyways, i have to get a few of these now... :-o
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Those are the ones that KB Toys sold yeah? If so, the speed is a bit faster than that, and most importantly, the over all quality is better for sure. I never got a gen1 that tracked straight, well not without some tinkering.
Suck My Bits
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

what's written on the ic on the rx board? is it "RX6C" or "RX2C"?
the "RX6C" is the one with the extra channels.
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

betty.k wrote:what's written on the ic on the rx board? is it "RX6C" or "RX2C"?
the "RX6C" is the one with the extra channels.
Looks like RX2CS to me.

Also, I don't think I have ever seen a shell like the one I got before, could it be unique?
Nah, that's the F-50. Look for the Ferrari collectors set.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Holy Crap your right.... Wow that paint jobs sucks that much that I didn't even realize. Here is a pic to compare then.

Suck My Bits
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Good Review Finks (bout time :lol: )

I really like the bodies of course and I kinda figured they would be
detailed in the good quality as the old. Cheap plastic but good details.

The main thing I and probably everyone else wanted to know is about
the chassis, is there any difference/improvement over the old ones.
I think we were hoping that since Shen went with the Super Bit bodies,
that the chassis would be upgraded similarly. By the pics I don't see
any physical chassis changes including tyres/wheels. The PCB looks
different but that's about it. You say it performs a lil better than the
old models, that in itself is saying something cause the performance
of the old ones, in my opinion couldn't be beat straight outta da box!
Not even by Tomy! Every one I've had to date has performed flawlessly,
tracking, speed, distance and handling ! I'll be getting one soon (crossed fingers)
to do some direct comparison testing with the old. Wanted to do this and
hear from you about yours before I continue with trying to get this guy to
give us here at BitPimps a decent deal on a lot.

Thanx Finks :-o
Holy Crap your right.... Wow that paint jobs sucks that much that I didn't even realize. Here is a pic to compare then
When I first saw it on eBay, I thought it was an NSX, then I found a better
pic and realized it was an F40. Bad paint can really fuck up your perception huh :shock:

Quiz Time Kids........

Name the Cars, Top Left - Bottom Right.....
Last edited by DarkTari on Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

1 Lambo Diablo
2 Skyline R33?
3 Lambo Countach
4 Lambo Murci
5 Enzo Ferrari

6 Ferrari F40
7 Ferrari 512BB
8 Ferrari Testarossa
9 Mini Cooper
10 Porsche GT3

And in the 3-4 posts above this, you guys are calling the Ferrari an F50, but it's an F40. The F50 looks like a cross between the F40 and the Enzo.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Ding Ding Ding ! You gott'em all Pimp!

You're are absolutely correct about the F50. I went out on TE to confirm
and when I came back to the post you had it done! The only one that
I had a slight problem with was the Enzo! At 1st I thought Dino, then
looked at the rear and said "Enzo" ! Bad Paint can really fuckup perception :lol:

Quiz Over ~~~~~~~~

1 good thing about these bodies,
I just couldn't bring myself to touch any of the Super Bit bodies cause
they looked so fuckin Perfect, with these, you GOTTA do sumtin to make
'em look like what they are suppose to be 8-)
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Great review!!!
I love hearing about clones.
I own 4 LXX's, and the quality in manufacturing differs in every one.
Typical stuff, like over-eager steering, slightly bent axle wheel, etc.

Look at the antenna on that sucker! The one thing about my LXXs.....
Out of the box the range just kicks ass. All of 'em.

How's the range, or did you mention that?
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

Just thought I'd point out that the Diablo body is based on early model Diablo, and the Skyline is an R34 JGTC
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SuperFly wrote:And in the 3-4 posts above this, you guys are calling the Ferrari an F50, but it's an F40. The F50 looks like a cross between the F40 and the Enzo.
Yeah well. the 5 button is right next to the 4, or maybe I'm full of shit, either way, we'll never know. :lol:

Seriously, I was thinking F40, but I knowingly typed F50. Not sure why. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

To answer your question DT, it's a minor performance upgrade, wich, like you said, they were kickass before, so hard to improve. Consider it like the the whole X-mods deal when the black Skyline came out, or the Z came out. Hard to tell, all based on perseption. Now finally w/ the Evo it's a real deal upgrade. These are in no way an Evo kind of upgrade. IMO bottom line, these are a good way to get some Nice shells on great chassis to mod. Take that as you will.
Suck My Bits
PimpIke
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpIke »

also, if you look at the picture that DT posted, some of the cars have knock-off 1/10 scale stickers. The yellow skyline says pr03 with the same colors used for the HPI PRO4. It also has some sort of RS4 sticker on the topaswell. The Lambo Countach has a RIDE sticker on the spoiler. Ride makes bodies and other miscilanneous stuff for 1/10 touring. Coincidence? I think not. :???:
mikirgra
bitThug

Re: Shen Qi Wei, Finally a review

Post by mikirgra »

Finks wrote:...but I haven't owned an LXX (coming in the mail) and it's my understanding those are the reigning king of clones.
I have to disagree there. The LXX's (in all there variations) are a distant 2nd to the SQW's in terms of quality. SQW's are 2nd only to Tomy as far as I'm concerned.

I ain't so jazzed any more about these new Shens. I have multiples of all those bodies, save the Mini, so that's no real selling point for me. And I don't really need any more BCG style chassis. Man, I was really hoping these were the Super BCG style chassis with new rim styles, removeable knuckles, etc. Bummer. :(

If you didn't have any Shens, or these bodies, then I guess I would try to snag some of these.