Make your own body filler

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
R-34_DRIFTER

Make your own body filler

Post by R-34_DRIFTER »

You will need
1 super glue or gorila glue
2 baking soda
3 sand paper

You can either put super glue where you need it and drop a pinch of baking soda on top of the super glue. Or you can pack in the baking soda where you need it and drop in the super glue. Repeat either process as many times as needed to get the correct amount of filler.Then sand.

It only takes like 4 seconds to harden so you cant pre mix like bondo and it is not as easy to sand as bondo spot putty but its cheaper because we all have super glue and some baking soda laying around the house.(wont work with gel super glues)
hustlin is not a job its a life style
crusty
bitPlaya'

Post by crusty »

is the baking soda as hard as putty when it dries?
thanks for the tip
ImageImageImage
R-34_DRIFTER

Post by R-34_DRIFTER »

Dont know but i will tomorrow. My dad told me this was in a guitar repair manual but he couldnt find it so i went and searched on line.But if it is harder to sand it should be as hard or harder than the putty
hustlin is not a job its a life style
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

They use baking soda and CA glue to stick cells together in brick packs for larger RC's. I guess I can give it a try on a BS shell.

Thanx.

Now shhhh, and just enjoy the little good you did. There is no need to say anything else, cept maybe answer Q's. But i aint seein' none yet :lookaround: .

Maxx