Review: NKOK 1/64th RC Boats (Preliminary)

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
Namuna
bitPimp

Review: NKOK 1/64th RC Boats (Preliminary)

Post by Namuna »

Haven't actually run them yet (Father's Day gift) but I've got a few thoughts already.

Here's the breakdown.

- Bought from: Raidentech
They did a SHIT job of packing and I got different boats than what I thought I was getting (thought I'm cool with the boats I got). I DON'T recommend these guys at all.

- Cost: ~$36 for 2 boats, Shipped
I got em for a nice cheap price, but refer to my notes above

- About the boats
The Manufacturer is NKOK, they offer 3 variations; A Red (Ocean Runner), Yellow (also Ocean Runner) and a White (Micro Sea Explorer) one. Only availabe in 27MHz or 49MHz. The boats aren't specifically set for a specific frequency either (so it seems) so 1 place might have the red one with 27MHz and another company might have the red in 49MHz.

-In the package
1 x Boat
1 x Charge Stand
1 x Controller
1 x Charge Wire (to plug the boat into the charger)

- Batteries
The boat has dual Ni-Cads (same size as Bits).
The Controller needs a 9volt
The Charger needs 4xAAs

- How the Boat works
There's 2 propellers, each has it's own Motor. Steering is like a Tank, the controller has 2 forward/reverse buttons. Press both buttons up for forward, or just 1 button forward to turn and so forth.

- Range
Untested, but the box says it'll go as far as 50ft.

That's the hard facts, as far as my personal thoughts...1 thing i am concerned about is that there's 2 motors in the boat, each controlling the propellers. Even perfectly matched motors will at some point start to vary in speed, which means pressing both controller buttons for forward will eventually mean the boat won't be going in a straight line. Given the simplistic nature of the setup, there's no steering trim either. We'll see I suppose.

I'll report back with more info when I race my pops on Sunday.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i havnt busted mine out in some time but they are great. your concern about unmatched motors isnt really necessary. as long as the difference is not that great it has no problems going straight. and the range is as good as they advertise.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

let me know if you wanna sell one of them boats Namuna
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

CaboWabo wrote:let me know if you wanna sell one of them boats Namuna

Just what do you think you're trying to do here? lol

I'm the one that buys OPS (other peoples shit).....

Screw it, I'm ordering 2, and those bitches are getting modded..

How do they look for modding hog?

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

payaso wrote: Screw it, I'm ordering 2, and those bitches are getting modded..

How do they look for modding hog?

i don't know if you wanna bust that bitch open and possible compramise it's float-ability :???:

but then again you are getting two so there's a back-up lol :-D
:rockon:
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

payaso wrote:Just what do you think you're trying to do here? lol

I'm the one that buys OPS (other peoples shit).....
nox is doing it too! lol
*neener-neener-neener*
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i havnt cracked mine yet. im sure a 3rd cell would be the first thing id do. maybe replace the motors if possible. but ya im afraid to effect floatability. the charger i have modded with a charging pad from a clone and it works great.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Are there screws holding it together, or is it sealed with glue?

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

glue
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

ahh dude, crack that bitch open then.
re-seal it with caulking.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

So there's a possibility of breaking it upon disassambling it?

Or is it a softer sticky glue?

CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

shit man, you could cut that thing if you wanted.
re-caulk it. lol
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ya im sure you could cut it wif a dremmel or something and recauk i just havnt goten the testes to do so yet. it would be a straight across cut.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

send it to me, I'll do it lol
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

now someone is just gona have to order his own boat.