List of types of 1:64th micros...(last updated 6/12/06)

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Bird wrote:
crazydave wrote:You know, Cannonball's are Bensu, and I believe Rally Racers are Bensu. (Were Rally Racers mentioned yet?).
Rally Racers are Shen Qui Wi... I'm sure of it, they be my micro of choice.

@Namuna... Ya man! I bought my first Tomy off of QFM, T'was my 4th micro, and my willingness to pay $40 for it was my first clue to how sick I was becoming lol

I agree with the need to sub-categorize this list... Like the Bensu thing... Cannonball, Thor, etc... Bensus were relabled under a bunch of names... there seemed to be varying degrees of quality to those too... Like, Cannonballs were so-so, and the Thors sucked ass.
Tru Rally Racers are rebadged Shen Qi Wei and in my opinion, the best out there. Never got a bad one...........ever!

Tru that about Bensu's! I only got Bensu's (not any sub-named ones) and they were all crappy, but they had more body styles than any other Micro of that time.!
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

crazydave wrote: Hey, want me to throw out some descriptions, to get you started?
Sure CD. Thats cool. Just descriptions and the facts. Not opinions. (Mods and WC that have the ability to edit, feel free to join in with descriptions.)

(Think of the descriptions, as a "definition" of each model, if you like.)

I like to see a resoucre page with pics of each model/brand too.

I'll get to work more in depth as time moves on, but its great to have things rolling and in place.

As far as sub-catorgories....

I suggest classes, not brands. This may change as the list grows and as the thread develops with ideas and other thought provoking suggestions.
  • *Bits (Tomy, Bensu...)
    *ZZ sized (Reg ZZ's, SE's, Hitari...)
    *Trucks/4x4's (Nikko jeep, ZZMT's...)
    *_ _ _ _ _ ?? Digi-Q sized? (Digi-Q's, OG X-trek...)
    *Rare and misc. (Mini-heart, Metl-tech...)

I like what we've got so far. :-o
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sg219 wrote:
crazydave wrote: Hey, want me to throw out some descriptions, to get you started?
Sure CD. Thats cool. Just descriptions and the facts. Not opinions.
I agree to an extent, but to say a certain car is crappy, while another is good quality may be considered an opinion, but at the same time I think its important for people to know what was good and what was not. For example, I've found on average 3 out of 5 Precious cars have screwed up rearends, I think that's important to know.

Maybe the way to go, for example, like on the Cannonballs, I would say something to the extent of, "Cannonballs had limited steering due to oversized sloppily wound steering coils. They also had weak acceleration off the line due to the high gear ratio....." That way I'm not saying the steering sucks, I'm just describing the steering and the reader can say, "well that sucks."
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

That works. A small description of the issues that come with each type. :-o
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Actually, I just remembered I tried to start a guide to clones 2 years a ago, may be this will be helpful.
Micro Clone Review Resource Thread
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

MotorGong wrote: EDIT: (and who makes/made those miniheart cars?)
So Hachi, Mini-Heart makes the Mini-Heart Micros? I saw you added it to your list.

And we want short descriptions with each type of micro? HAha, I want in on the Cyclona descriptions/comments. Or just P.O.S. would work for me.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Yes. The Minis are made by Mini-Heart. I have a suspition that they're somehow related to perfection but the chassis it completely different from a perfection chassis. Not a bad car overall, but they've got some problems. It goes into half power mode when you steer, so it steers widely and slows down. Almost a good idea because you need to slow down for turns most of the time, but the whole system would have to be tweeked to really work well. I would give it a 6.

That brings up an idea. We could give the cars a rating from 1 - 10.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

The mini hearts were made by toyeast (alla perfection). They came from a factory called P-digit, hence the pdigi on the underside. The reason they were designed to slow down on turning (according to steve at TE) was so that they were more fun/easier to drive. I still have a prototype p-digit F1 micro (in grey plastic) with motor steering at front (like the Cars ZZ). I also have some pics of a micro hovercraft they were working on before they went bust!. I was planning on using them to make the Bonzer Micro's - but thats another story :-) .

I also have a box of micros that I havent seen anywhere else, they are true 1/64th with a crappy steering wheel controller and 2 speed function - I must get some pics up somewhere.

Cheers

TB
BonzerGear - Scream for more
Race for Real - not in slots
Stuck in a rut? Break free with Bonzer Racing
www.bonzerracing.com