I'm the weiner!

Got a question about painting or decals? Using an air brush or rattle cans? Wanna learn how to paint flames and take a good picture of it? It's all in here.
crazydave
bitPimp

I'm the weiner!

Post by crazydave »

There was a paint competition at the Toyz, and there wasn't many entries, so I thought I'd help fill it out a bit.

I took the pro class with my Speed T Desert Rat. Which is way cool, but now it looks like I get to judge the next contest. :lol:
http://thetoyz.com/forums/index.php?sho ... ntry216508" target="_blank
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Re: I'm the weiner!

Post by ibjamn »

Saweet....

You should have added that the VW's flames you had cut by hand. 8-)
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Very cool Dave :-o Congrats

Do you suppose the judging next time is a polite way of saying you're too good for us to compete against?
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Congrats, Dave! :-o

Always loved the V-Dub :)

PF
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

The only thing I saw wrong with the VW was the clear of the decals (like around the filler cap decal) I try and cut closer to the line. The others were great.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

fuck man, you da paint master!

'bout time you get the recognition (sp?) you deserve.

(i'm still peeing my pants over that zz!!!)
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

BilboBaggins wrote:The only thing I saw wrong with the VW was the clear of the decals (like around the filler cap decal) I try and cut closer to the line. The others were great.
Well I read in a mag many years ago that you should leave a border around the decal to help protect the printing from contaminants, such as motor spray or fuel. I normally cut really close, but since I was doing this for someone else, I wanted to make sure the decals stayed protected.

The criticism on that one was:
Execution
8 - with a couple of small exceptions in the shadowing, I think it looks good

I had some sputters in the shadowing, its not obvious, but I saw it happening while I was painting, and was getting frustrated with it. So he has a good eye for catching that.

He did say it was his favorite, but acknowledges it was a more basic design. The Speed T did have more things that could've went horribly wrong with the paint, so I agree with his decision, though I spent a lot more time on the masking of the VW. :-o .
crazydave's Gallery
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

Congrats! Simply awesome!
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

nce job dude. ever think of entering the competitions at cfx paintworks?
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Murdoch wrote:nce job dude. ever think of entering the competitions at cfx paintworks?
I should, but I know I need to be a little better to really be competitive over there. Soon though, I'm getting there.

I feel kind of bad about this one, I was just trying to help fill it out, I thought maybe they'd get some last minute entries, but essentially it was just me and one other guy in the pro class. And I mean no offense against the Toyz forum, I think it's great they run the contest, but if I won over at CFX, then I'd really have something to brag about. You know, now that you mention it, it would probably be a good idea to get more involved with what they're doing. :???:
crazydave's Gallery
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

yeah no kidding about that. I threw in a basic entry and came in fourth in the amateur class at CFX.

I just need more materials to get better with and hopefully snag a win there.
evil3
bitHood

Post by evil3 »

Yes you need to get more involved over at CFX bit, as there really is a ton of info on there.

It is simple, a win is a win and for that good job, although like you said it just doesn't mean as much on a small forum as it would like on cfx's site.
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie down.