clearcoat chrome

Got a question about painting or decals? Using an air brush or rattle cans? Wanna learn how to paint flames and take a good picture of it? It's all in here.
dabigpig
bitGangsta'

clearcoat chrome

Post by dabigpig »

ok i have some dub city wheels that i'm going to be painting the inside to match my cars body but want to keep the outside ring chrome. now if i clear coat the wheels to keep the paint from rubbing off and geting chiped n' shit will the chrome look like ass or not?
if you post it... i've probably seen it...
-^-_-^
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

no it probably won't man. I used Chrome panit on my Computer case and it was blining and all shiny. As soon as I put the clear coat on it went a dark silver/gray colour. Its because the metal flake in the paint floasts to the surface. When you clear coat it rewets the surface and deadins the paint colour and stops the metal flake from resurfacing.

See here sorry for the big pic

dabigpig
bitGangsta'

Post by dabigpig »

so should i try to mask the outside or just say fuckit to the clearcoat and install dem babys?
-^-_-^
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

Fuck the clear mam. You could try clear nail polish instead and see if it works. Just try on something else and see. I use clear nail polish on by bits because I find if you put even the slightest too much clear coat it eats your paint.

you really don't need to clear coat rims though. they don't really get banged up like a body does.
dabigpig
bitGangsta'

Post by dabigpig »

hummm that was what i was thinking just to say no to the clear plus i'm too anxous to put these on my car just need to figure out how to pull the front wheels off.
-^-_-^