Airbrush paint mix question

Got a question about painting or decals? Using an air brush or rattle cans? Wanna learn how to paint flames and take a good picture of it? It's all in here.
Yagbols
bitGangsta'

Airbrush paint mix question

Post by Yagbols »

Do you guys use paint thinner or laquer thinner to dilute enamel paints for airbrushing? Im using tamiya enamel.

I just took out my old airbrush and i wanted to use it, since i've been so used to acrylic, ive never tried using enamels
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Re: Airbrush paint mix question

Post by BilboBaggins »

Yagbols wrote:Do you guys use paint thinner or laquer thinner to dilute enamel paints for airbrushing? Im using tamiya enamel.

I just took out my old airbrush and i wanted to use it, since i've been so used to acrylic, ive never tried using enamels
Personally I bought the Airbrush Thinner (mixed about 50/50, I go for the look of thin enough). You should be able to use any thinner with it but I haven't tried anything else yet. I have mineral spirits for cleaning the airbrush and a bottle of laquer thinner in the garage.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

Yag don't use enamel paint in your airbrush mang. Its HELL to clean up after and you always have some residue left from previous colour.

I use acrylic only and mix 4 paint to 1 thinner.

If you use enamel I would do 2 paint to 3 thinner. Just seems to make the paint go on that much smoother.
Yagbols
bitGangsta'

Post by Yagbols »

Stoli wrote:Yag don't use enamel paint in your airbrush mang. Its HELL to clean up after and you always have some residue left from previous colour.

If you use enamel I would do 2 paint to 3 thinner. Just seems to make the paint go on that much smoother.
Yeah i was worried about the cleaning part.... :shock: Ok, no more enamel for my airbrush. Thanks guys
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

Yagbols wrote:
Stoli wrote:Yag don't use enamel paint in your airbrush mang. Its HELL to clean up after and you always have some residue left from previous colour.

Yeah i was worried about the cleaning part.... :shock: Ok, no more enamel for my airbrush. Thanks guys
Oh your welcome... I know I was a big help on this one...maybe next time I'll be there for ya.
Maybe.

-nox