plasti-kote metallic spray cans.

Got a question about painting or decals? Using an air brush or rattle cans? Wanna learn how to paint flames and take a good picture of it? It's all in here.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

plasti-kote metallic spray cans.

Post by hogjowlz »

wow this paint is awesome.

i got blue and man even the first coat was real smooth and shiny. two or three light coats of this stuff is perfect. its got a deep shine and it looks really nice.

is this what you use dave? is the red better than the others?(it costs a buck more)
extrememicros
bitHood

Post by extrememicros »

Hey hogjowlz

I only use plastikote to paint with. I posted about it over "THERE" like back in February about it and it just didn't seem to catch on that it was so damn awesome.

It is excellent coverage and shine.

Holla

Everlast
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

I just found the Radical Racing Red 3oz and Hang Ten Teal 3oz in wal-marts clearance section for $.97 ea. Both were still sealed even had their iner seals intact.
crazydave
bitPimp

Re: plasti-kote metallic spray cans.

Post by crazydave »

hogjowlz wrote:is this what you use dave? is the red better than the others?(it costs a buck more)
I use Plasti-cote, but I've had problems with color matching when painting guitars, and using several cans, not like that matters on something as small as a bit.

I prefer Dupli-Color, I've never had problems with the colors matching up, but mostly, I love the 'EZ Pressure' nozzle, it lays an even smoother, more even coat than the Plasti-Cote nozzle.

Is it a Candy Red? Candy colors cost a dollar more. Some metallics cost a little more too. I use Plasti-cote's candy clear to clear coat. It's soooo glossy.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ya i bought the candy clear last night. they mislead me by callinig it candy apple/metallic.making me think that it was metallic candy apple red?? but no its bling bling clear.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yeah, those bastards, they tricked me too. I thought the candy/metal flake clear (as they called it) would add sparkles to my paint jobs, but no, it just shines like crazy. Still worth the extra buck to me though.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ya its the best clearcoat ive bought.