model paints???

Got a question about painting or decals? Using an air brush or rattle cans? Wanna learn how to paint flames and take a good picture of it? It's all in here.
Miro2414

model paints???

Post by Miro2414 »

Can u use model paints on bits
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

if u r gonna drive the bit then u need to use paint that can handle the g's (some kinda force field or somethin')... model paint is for cars that just sit there and don't ever move. i'd use bit paint or real car paint unless u wanna put your car on display like a model then u can use model paint cuz it won't hafta handle the g's like paint thats for moving cars like bits for example. i use bit paint on my bits and pieces.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

hue35 wrote:if u r gonna drive the bit then u need to use paint that can handle the g's (some kinda force field or somethin')... model paint is for cars that just sit there and don't ever move. i'd use bit paint or real car paint unless u wanna put your car on display like a model then u can use model paint cuz it won't hafta handle the g's like paint thats for moving cars like bits for example. i use bit paint on my bits and pieces.
Amen brotha, :cool:

That's why i use da real car paint :lol:

...and I only use GM colors, cuz muscle cars accelerate harder than imports and have more g's. ;)
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

I totally agree, I used to have an 1/2 scale RC Pinto that ran like crap and handled like crap. I used a 1970, GM factory Corvette color, it was copper... that thing was kicking ass after the new "fast" paint. Then I spun out and hit a curb going backward, and the car blew up... the GM paint didn't fix that Pinto design flaw, but up until the explosion, that car was going about 30mph!! (that's like, 60mph scale speed!!!!!!)
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

clear coat whatever for protection
personally I like the acrylics, they lay nice, smooth, and thin.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.