body painting methods?

Got a question about painting or decals? Using an air brush or rattle cans? Wanna learn how to paint flames and take a good picture of it? It's all in here.
soren

body painting methods?

Post by soren »

just wonderin what some of u crazy pimp moders are using

i was thinking of picking up a detail airbrush gun... but do i really need it? heh of course in my mind more toys is always good

are u guys just using brushes? i can never seem to end up with a clean looking paint job just using normal brush

any tips or tricks to share?
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I think it's going to be based on your personal preference, ability, dedication, and pickiness.

basically, you've got 3 choices when painting:
- paint brush
- spray can
- air brush

more than likely, you'll use a combination of 2 of the 3.
use brushed paints for details.
use either the spray can or air brush to lay down the rest.

now, choosing between spray can or air brush...

I started with spray cans "rattle cans" as Ahh5hit calls em lol
certain kinds work great and produce most of the stuff you see in the pictures on this site. you've got alot of options there and if you're just starting out - I'd highly recommend you start with spray cans.

air brushes are what I consider to be the final step. its a pro's tool (most of them) and can produce professional and increadible results. however...
those results are from a shiat load of work and skill. things like shading are possible with an air brush and not with spray cans at this scale.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.