Paints for Airbrushes?

Got a question about painting or decals? Using an air brush or rattle cans? Wanna learn how to paint flames and take a good picture of it? It's all in here.
Mini RC Man
bitThug

Paints for Airbrushes?

Post by Mini RC Man »

What paint do I use for airbrushing car bodies? The paint that cam with my kit dont work? What do u guys use for airbrushing?
Sup yall!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I use acrylics, but you should be able to use just about anything - you just might have to "thin" out the paint.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Mini RC Man
bitThug

Post by Mini RC Man »

Could I use my model paints?
Sup yall!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

what kind are they?
are they acrylic? laquer?

I'm guessing yes, you should be able to use them, probably just have to thin them out before running it through the air brush
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Mini RC Man
bitThug

Post by Mini RC Man »

They are Testors and the only other thing they say is enamel. Could I use it?
Sup yall!
filelicker
bitNinja

Post by filelicker »

I have airbrushed testors enamel thinned with enamel thinner.you have to take it down to the consistantcy of milk.I use the same rules for painting bits as I do for painting large items{cars , motorcycles}. :cool:
People are like slinkies..... they are the most fun when you push them down stairs.
Mini RC Man
bitThug

Post by Mini RC Man »

What could I use to thin it out? where could I buy it?
Sup yall!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

as filelicker says, use enamel thinner - you should be able to find it next to the other enamel paints.
Mini RC Man
bitThug

Post by Mini RC Man »

OK I got the ennamel thinner and my paints. Now this wont clog up my airbrush will it? I payed a lot of money for that thing and aint goin to ruin it. So how should I clean it out?
Sup yall!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

didn't instructions come with your airbrush?
it should tell exactly how to clean.

depends on your air brush on what exact steps you'll take.
but for mine, there are several parts to unscrew and take of, you soak - wipe - etc. all of it until all the paint has been cleaned off every part of the air brush.

some people "backwash" their airbrush as well, though if you take it apart and clean it correctly, you shouldn't need to.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

The way I clean mine is to first unhook the paint, and continue to still run the air as to push out any remaining paint. Then I hook my airbrush up to a bottle of just thinner, and run that through till it comes out clear. Then I take it apart, and soak it, and then clean whatever else is left over.. (not much usually)

you'll find what works best for you. As far as paint. If you can disolve it with thinner, you can put it in your brush.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein