Decal Resources

Got a question about painting or decals? Using an air brush or rattle cans? Wanna learn how to paint flames and take a good picture of it? It's all in here.
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

Here is another decal paper source.

http://www.papilio.com/

If you still can't find the decal paper you want at the other paper sites check these guys out.
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

found this today at wal-mart

$5.00 get 2 sheets of paper, the adhesive spray and the S/W

Extra paper is $10 for 50 sheets.

SCORE
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

Stoli wrote:found this today at wal-mart

$5.00 get 2 sheets of paper, the adhesive spray and the S/W

Extra paper is $10 for 50 sheets.

SCORE
I'd be interested in playing with that software Stoli..
any way I can get a free copy?

tanks..nox
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

[quote="noxorc

I'd be interested in playing with that software Stoli..
any way I can get a free copy?

tanks..nox[/quote]

That stuff sucks ass... They charge you to import images... $10

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

Couldn't you just buy the paper and use photoshop?
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

yes you can, I did something similar, bought the decal paper and used Illustrator (vector graphics are more crisp than rastor)
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

So, uh, you willing to share your vector art, Cabo? I just got this waterslide decal kit, "SuperCal". I'm kinda skeptical. What paper type do you tell your inkjet printer you're using? Gloss photo paper? Does the spray really work to seal the ink? I tried one sheet the other day, and within a few hours the images totally bled and got all blurry. I hadn't sealed it yet, and it was kinda humid, so hopefully next time it works better.

P.S. I'm willing to trade my decal art, though it's not vector, it's 800dpi at 100%.
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

Yeash they suck. I just thought it'd be easier since I'm not a PS expert. but yeah its 9.95 to have the full ver software.

Even still for the novie computer users that don;t know/own PS 7 or whatever it would be worth 15$/
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

I am sure there is a crack for the softwear...
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

SuperFly wrote:So, uh, you willing to share your vector art, Cabo? I just got this waterslide decal kit, "SuperCal". I'm kinda skeptical. What paper type do you tell your inkjet printer you're using? Gloss photo paper? Does the spray really work to seal the ink? I tried one sheet the other day, and within a few hours the images totally bled and got all blurry. I hadn't sealed it yet, and it was kinda humid, so hopefully next time it works better.

P.S. I'm willing to trade my decal art, though it's not vector, it's 800dpi at 100%.
I don't have anything worth a crap, beside the bitPimps logo.
I also printed single sheet inkjet (no special settings, just printed at 600 dpi like normal)
I think laser is much, much, better than inkjet and bubblejet, there's no "dots" to see, and you will see them with inkjet depending on the graphic and surface its going on.
when I did my inkjet, I clear coated the sheet after it was dried. If you do use inkjet or bubblejet, definitaly coat it or it's gonna bleed when you put the water slide decal in the water.
laser doesn't seem to bleed, at all and doesn't seem to need a protective coating, problem there is color laser printers can get pretty pricey.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

I actually have a color laser down at my office, maybe I'll give it a try again. I tried once and the paper didn't make it through and got a little mangled, I think because it was an odd size. At $3.00 a piece, I didn't keep trying and thought I would try my new inkjet. It's a Canon i9100, pretty sweet. But that shit was still wet like 6 hours later, and then just started getting all fuzzy. I hadn't sprayed it yet, but didn't bother after it was already ruined.

And, I would love a vector version of the bitpimps logo. Can ya email it to me?

maffei@hevanet.com

I'm on a mac, you are too, right?

TIA! :cool:
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Here are a couple of sheets I made up with a few logos.

The quality isn't the greatest, but you guys with your crazy programs can probably fix that real easy.

http://www.sg219.com/downloads/stickersheet3.jpg

http://www.sg219.com/downloads/stickersheet2.jpg