Intricate Paint Jobs

Got a question about painting or decals? Using an air brush or rattle cans? Wanna learn how to paint flames and take a good picture of it? It's all in here.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Intricate Paint Jobs

Post by CaboWabo »

Has anyone painted (I'm guessing air-brushed) an intricate scene on their Bit body? I'm wondering how successful even line work or effects are when attempting to paint them into the body? What I'm looking for are custom paint jobs much like on many 1:16 scale cars, but on 1:64 scale bodies.

If anyone was successful in doing so, I'd love to hear about how you did it with as many details as possible! :)
Oh yea, and if you have any pics, put em up in the forum under: bitPimps Gallery - you'll have to choose the appropriate forum topic.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I have yet to bust out with my airbrush.. I paint all my cars with a spray can, and I think they're turning out pretty good... I'll be using it in the near future though. I gots somthin up me sleeve..lol

silla
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

payaso wrote:I gots somthin up me sleeve..lol

silla
Um... your arm :P :lol: , Sorry couldn't resist.
Seriously though any hints on the upcoming project?!
:rockon:
custombitbodys
bitThug

Post by custombitbodys »

I dont have an airbrush or spray... but thats one of the nice things of painting under the body.... you cant see brush strokes. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
bodys for sale. ferari 250 gto, Micro Cooper, lemans 320i turbo, . plus many more email me: custombitbodys@comcast.net
http://custombitbodys.home.comcast.net
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

yea, at first I was under the impression that painting from under the body would be the only way to go like on larger scale cars, but then payaso pointed out something I over looked...
the side-view mirrors and such. Some of the bodies are quite detailed in the fact they actually have little side-view mirrors on them, which is a solid plastic, it can't be painted from the underside :(
I was devistated.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
custombitbodys
bitThug

Post by custombitbodys »

well if they have side mirriors the generally are not vaccum molded. im not saying that you couldnt have them on a body. but you would have to have a 2 piece mold or a mold that would disolve once the body is formed. these solid mirriors may also be plastic welded to the body so it looks like they were originally formed that way also. if you saw how an auctual vac molding machine worked you would understand what im talking about.

I am refering to the type of vac machine that pulls the plastic over the mold. i dont know if there are other types of machines out there.
bodys for sale. ferari 250 gto, Micro Cooper, lemans 320i turbo, . plus many more email me: custombitbodys@comcast.net
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I understand what you're talking about, I just don't know all the intricacies involved, especially when it came to details like the side mirrors. good thing you're out there to help us understand! :)
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

When using an airbrush, you can achieve results like this guys car in tiny rc. Outstanding.... http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php ... eadid=8514

silla

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
custombitbodys
bitThug

Post by custombitbodys »

that guy definately has the skillz
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

That's what I'm saying... Props to driveWRX for that beauty...

silla

kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

Word- He's got mad skillz son! To be able to that at such a small scale, thats not something you can obtain overnite.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

that's exactly what I was speaking of!
so now I know it's possible... look out in the future! :P
z-beam
bitGangsta'

Post by z-beam »

whattup? me be z-beam, i'm from the land of oz and a wiz gave me a speshal gift, me eyes. so check out my jungle camo Bb w/aluminium roofracks. i couldnt have done the paint or mod job without the w@@d to steady my hands.

boom shiva, puffablunt4me.
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

OMG the mahfunkin' Picaso of bit's is in da hizouse! Shit son that's rides blingety-bling-bling

BTW Welcome to the mahfunkin' Hood!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

word to dat, word to z-beam... welcome pimp!

that's an increadible job man, keep tokin cuz dat shiat did da trick along wit da fly skills. you even got a little bad-ass demon on top, perfect! lol
gotta dirty those wheels on da trailer and then it needs to be set blastin through a scene like we're seeing on CNN nowadays! oh... the possibilities. :twisted: