A lil inspiration for us all

Got a question about painting or decals? Using an air brush or rattle cans? Wanna learn how to paint flames and take a good picture of it? It's all in here.
payaso
bitPimp

A lil inspiration for us all

Post by payaso »

http://www.sebairbrush.com/
seb wrote:I've been painting for just over 12 months now. Never drew for fun or anything before. My art teacher told me I sucked and I wasn't alowed to use the only airbrush the class had. That was for the special kids with tallent only.

If I meet him again I'll boot him in the junk so hard and then show him my Computer Sciense Degree and that's about it. And I got a really good kick, I grew up playing soccer on in the streets of Europe.

Some of the best work I've ever seen, and the fact that he's only been doing it for a year is just sick.

Makes me want to practice more...lol

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

OK, great ability.... but I personally really don't like his style. Also such cool paint and then gay looking sticker headlights/grill.... still good to see that he was able to get to that point in a year.
Last edited by Finks on Mon May 09, 2005 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
PimpIke
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpIke »

def not the nicest i've seen, but nice at that (cos i can't paint for shit). not feelin his style either. :?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i really like his flame work, i'd love to know how you do an effect like that.
i used to be cool
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

betty.k wrote:i really like his flame work, i'd love to know how you do an effect like that.
I saw a guy on "Overhaulin" do flames in a similar style. They almost looked photorealistic. He did them totally freehand, no masking.

edit:

here it is
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SuperFly wrote:
betty.k wrote:i really like his flame work, i'd love to know how you do an effect like that.
I saw a guy on "Overhaulin" do flames in a similar style. They almost looked photorealistic. He did them totally freehand, no masking.

edit:

here it is
Yeah man, that is the shit that kills me. I wish I could do something like that.

I've seen several paint jobs with that kind of realistic effect, and I think a big part of the effect is the way the colored over coat softens everything up. They'll do it in like whites and blacks, and then addsome reds, and other shading colors, then over coat the whole thing in like a candy red and it just blendsall the colors together.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Who was that cat that did the overhaulin job? :???:

Seems like the realistic flames are hot (pun intended) even seen some locals with them. (a helmet and on a bike)
I'm definatly a fan.

here's a 1/18th diecast done up.

http://www.trueflames.com/
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

sessiz wrote:Who was that cat that did the overhaulin job? :???:

Seems like the realistic flames are hot (pun intended) even seen some locals with them. (a helmet and on a bike)
I'm definatly a fan.

here's a 1/18th diecast done up.

http://www.trueflames.com/
Here's the link to the gallery for the whole episode:

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/overh ... photo.html

I saw him in action, and he was just doing this really loose hand motion, almost like a classical music conductor with a stick.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Yeah I saw that ep too. I found his webpage afterwards and could swear I saw him on another show talkin about how he was the originator of the "realistic flames" style. Wish I could remember his name though. :???:
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

sessiz wrote:Yeah I saw that ep too. I found his webpage afterwards and could swear I saw him on another show talkin about how he was the originator of the "realistic flames" style. Wish I could remember his name though. :???:
KillerPaint by Mike Lavallee
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Attaboy superfly, gonna bookmark it this time. Thanks. :-)
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SuperFly wrote:I saw him in action, and he was just doing this really loose hand motion, almost like a classical music conductor with a stick.
I think that is a big part of the key. Forces of nature are like random patterns, with certained controlled aspects.

At least all the really good guys seem to see it as just that simple. So I'm trying to get in that mind set. :lol:

Man, this is all making me really want an airbrush, bad. No way I could ever do anything like that with rattle cans.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"