Put together an airbrush setup

Got a question about painting or decals? Using an air brush or rattle cans? Wanna learn how to paint flames and take a good picture of it? It's all in here.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

crazydave wrote:Airbrushing is fun, huh? :-D
Not at all. It's stressful, hard work, and then you have to clean all that shit up. Lol, I'm not even joking. :?
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Did I read somewhere on this board that you can use an inner-tube as your air source, if you don't have a compressor?
Will it be a direct swap for the compressor or will I need an adapter of some sort?
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

You can use it for your air source, but I'd still use a filter and regulator. You would probably need some sort of adapter that presses the little pin in to allow the air to flow. Either that or remove the pin and have a good cap handy.
Last edited by SuperFly on Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

SuperFly wrote:You can use it for your air source, but I'd still use a filter and regulator. You would probably need some sort of adapter that presses the little pin in to allow the air to flow.
like a bike valve, gotcha :-o

Filter aaaaannd regulator.......do these come with your standard issue AB setup?
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Maxximum Attack wrote:Filter aaaaannd regulator.......do these come with your standard issue AB setup?
Yes, but they are also available in most well-stocked hardware stores like a Home Depot or whatever. Not sure what you have in Barbados, but if you look at the pictures earlier in this thread, the regulator is basically a guage and a knob, and the filter is usually a clear, bullet-shaped thing, about like a clear plastic condom. They will both have either male or female threaded ports, and they just daisy-chain between the air source and the airbrush hose. Some compressors designed for airbrushes have them built-in.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

:-o
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SuperFly wrote:
crazydave wrote:Airbrushing is fun, huh? :-D
Not at all. It's stressful, hard work, and then you have to clean all that shit up. Lol, I'm not even joking. :?
Welll in bewtween the cleanups I think its fun. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"