evening paintjob tip!

Got a question about painting or decals? Using an air brush or rattle cans? Wanna learn how to paint flames and take a good picture of it? It's all in here.
ziprc
bitThug

evening paintjob tip!

Post by ziprc »

hey everyone, just put my Airbrush to use with all the new painting equipment i got. i masked up my eclipse convertible and sprayed it up silver. now i noticed that on one side i put too much paint so i was losing some of the details like the doorhandles. so what i did was after it all dried (ONLY DO AFTER DRIED) i used some nail polish remover in the overdone spot, put some on and it pretty much ate thru the paint where i wanted it to. then i used an index card, and cut a hole the shape/size of the area that i just removed paint from. i put that over the whole and started respraying. that way i dont overspray any of the other parts of the car. hope it helps ya'll so u dont have to respray the whole car!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

good thinkin ziprc
thanks for the tip mang :cool:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

hey zip. Are you mixing your paint with enough thinner? My paint is really hard to puddle. Are ya using Acrylic or Enamel?
ziprc
bitThug

Post by ziprc »

acrylic. i actually think there is a good chance i didnt put in enough thinner lol. oh well, still a good tip.
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

definitely a good tip. I was mixing my pait/thinner 4 paint 1 thinner. I fooled with it and found the best ratio is 4 paint 2 thinner.

I basically fill the stem of a pippette. thats how I mesure. That ratio seems to dry SUPER quick and not puddle unless you hold it one spot way too long. Even coverage and shiny coat.
ralliart

Post by ralliart »

Your suppose to mix paint with thinner? Or does it only applie to airbrushers?
AMC
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

Yes usually you only mix paint/thinner fir airbrushes but I have mixed before for hand painting