Skulls 101

Got a question about painting or decals? Using an air brush or rattle cans? Wanna learn how to paint flames and take a good picture of it? It's all in here.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Skulls 101

Post by sidewinder »

Ok, I had a little interest here and on another board where I've put up some of my skulls so I thought maybe this could help someone out somewhere along the line. If the first page looks a little different to you its because its a Neanderthal skull...heavy brows, lower forehead...

The first is a basic how to on skulls, real simple but try it and if you have any questions feel free to ask here or IM me.

I made a stupid mistake on the first. I reversed the image so you could see how the outline would look. I usualy mock up my skulls on a black piece of crate paper with white charcole...so I did so you could see what it looks like. Dumb, dumb, dumb...I wasn't thinking, if you print it this way it will waste a hell of a lot of black ink so go to image 2 and use it as the stencil.

Just pick the image you like. resize it and print it out blank stencil sheets work best but paper or thin plastic works in a pinch. you poke holes with an awl. line it up and spray your outline. then just rough fill with white, then add your greys and start to detail with thin black and dark grey lines. finish with white over the now dry paint. Well look at the progressionof the pictures, you'll get it.

By the way, smaller is easier because little screw-ups don't show as much. Also, this is for paint on top of a surface...you guys who do the clear lexan shells will have to figgure out how to do it backwards. I'll work on it and get bac to you if there's any intrest.

All of these are my stuff EXCEPT I did copy the punisher skull on the second image bottom right. You are free to copy, make decals, use as icons or anything else as long as its not comercial. They are copyrighted but I'm giving all butpimp.lixlinks Members rights to use for anything where you're not selling or making a profit.
If you want any for anything comercial let me know, we can work something out...some of my skulls have been on t-shirts and have done pretty well...so IM me.

Here we go, the basics:

If you just want a quick and simple skull most of these are no more than line drawngs...just lay down the lines over white and your done!
* remember, the one on the bottom right is not mine I can't give permission to use it.

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks SW, I sure can use that! I always forget to try that trick with the poking holes in your design with an awl to transfer it. I've been working with vellum a lot, but that would be better if I wanted to use liquid mask, and needed to transfer the design directly to the body.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"