Articulation mod = harder than i thought!

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
4x4Redneck17

Articulation mod = harder than i thought!

Post by 4x4Redneck17 »

Thanks for all support and feedback guys, but yeah i tried lookin at the truck i use everyday and then it fell apart so i had to figure out how to put the steering back together really fast. SOMEHOW i got it to work (but i wouldnt try doin it again) but the thing i had problems with is the steering arm. Such as where does the arm that extends down from the steering gear go into the steering arm itself?, and where does the little arm on the bottom of the black steering arm go into the truck, or sit in the truck? If you dont get what im sayin,just ask. Sorry i can sometimes be a bad explainer. Then while trying to get it back together without undoing it i broke the "pole" that holds the spring off of the nuckle. so now the only thing is a nuckle on one of the sides...and some of the wires came undone such as the on/off switch and the charging terminals. Thanks again for the interest. :grin:
reaper
bitHood

Re: Articulation mod = harder than i thought!

Post by reaper »

reaper wrote:
4x4Redneck17 wrote:Well guys im a noob here, but i love all the interest in these zzmt's. But this is my very first reply and its bad news...i tried an articulation mod today and failed. well not completely failed but enough to make me get mad and let it sit for a while. LUCKILY the truck i tried it on was not my good truck, i had an old one i decided to practice with...and basically i caint get the steering back together. Its not broke i just cant figure out how to get it back together! and most of my electrical stuff came undone and the sortering iron is not on hand...I will try again! These thangs are awesome :grin:
maybe this will help for your board

as for your suspension/steering you say this is not your good truck .....can you figure out how its ment to be from your other one ?
reaper
bitHood

Post by reaper »

4x4Redneck17 wrote:Thanks for all support and feedback guys, but yeah i tried lookin at the truck i use everyday and then it fell apart so i had to figure out how to put the steering back together really fast. SOMEHOW i got it to work (but i wouldnt try doin it again) but the thing i had problems with is the steering arm. Such as where does the arm that extends down from the steering gear go into the steering arm itself?, and where does the little arm on the bottom of the black steering arm go into the truck, or sit in the truck? If you dont get what im sayin,just ask. Sorry i can sometimes be a bad explainer. Then while trying to get it back together without undoing it i broke the "pole" that holds the spring off of the nuckle. so now the only thing is a nuckle on one of the sides...and some of the wires came undone such as the on/off switch and the charging terminals. Thanks again for the interest. :grin:
pictures will help alot bud , we can see just what is wrong and help much faster :-o
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

The steering gear pin extends down into the 'box' on top of the tierod (piece that links the knuckles together).

"... where does the little arm on the bottom of the black steering arm go into the truck, or sit in the truck?"
I *think* you mean the pin on the bottom of the Tie Rod, if so that goes between the legs of the steering centering spring, and rides on the bottom of the chassis.

Do you have a camera?
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
4x4Redneck17

Post by 4x4Redneck17 »

i do have a camera and i will start working on getting pics...but, how do i get pics on here. Prolly a stupid Q but hey, better to ask than to never know. :wink:
4x4Redneck17

Post by 4x4Redneck17 »

Ok guys, cameras actin crazy and i cant seem to get the pics to load. Ill try with my phone, the camera on it is pretty good but just not the best. ANYWAYS my main problem is that the right nuckle that the tire mounts to broke. does anyone have any extra ones perhaps? I cant put the steering back together without it, or else it would be pointless to have to do it twice...i have a pic of the part i need i just dont know how to get pics on here. I hate to ask for help but...assistance please? haha :grin: