Masking the windows..

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I'm still on spray cans man, I use the bottles too when I'm detailing, but I still don't own an airbrush (by the word of the bit gods I will someday)

there's a slim chance you need to thin the paint down before running it through your airbrush, but Tamiya's bottled paint is already pretty thinned out.
there's a better chance that the airbrush is spraying it too thick or the humidity thing. with humidity though, usually that just increases the drying time. raised paint (orange peel) is usually the result of laying paint too thick in shot (it happens to the best of us at times).
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
DriveWRX
bitHood

Post by DriveWRX »

Thanks for the input, Cabo. I do thin the paint when I airbrush.
Strange that it only happens when I use Tamiya paint. :???: I'll just have to play around with it more.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Take a tooth pick, and go around the edges, and make sure they're nice and clean. Then you can go aroud it with a blade
My technique exactly!
barto_85
bitGangsta'

Post by barto_85 »

I was talking to ph2t the other day, and he was telling me about some new masking tape that he discovered, it fills into gaps and cracks and everything he says, I'll let him tell you when he's next on though, I'm not quite sure about it.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

barto_85 wrote:I was talking to ph2t the other day, and he was telling me about some new masking tape that he discovered, it fills into gaps and cracks and everything he says, I'll let him tell you when he's next on though, I'm not quite sure about it.
scotch tape is a discovery to Ph2t. :-D

( I just had too, it was an open book, Luv ya Ph2t).

-nox
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

Heey.. u get clever every single day.. Just found out what a x-acto knife was.. and that we have one.. soo.. Now im just waiting for some paint..!
I also found out what scotch tape was, it was (accidently) laying on the kitchen floor.. U know what? I really appreciate ur help on this froum..

/Evo
Do i need a better signature?
brendan123
bitGangsta'

Post by brendan123 »

what is scotch tape, i use this brown tape is is very thin u can do everything with it i wonder if that is scotch tape
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

brown tape is usually paper based masking tape.
scotch tape is the thin, clear, plastic based tape. you've probably used it wrapping up x-mas gifts or something before.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

CaboWabo wrote:I'm still on spray cans man.
ive used an airbrush and its way more work than spray cans.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

hogjowlz wrote:
CaboWabo wrote:I'm still on spray cans man.
ive used an airbrush and its way more work than spray cans.

Amen brother......

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

it is more work, but the end result should be better too
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

Yeah, if u have the right paint..
What do u guys suggest for an airbrush?

/Evo
Last edited by TheEvo on Sat Sep 13, 2003 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do i need a better signature?
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

TheEvo wrote:Yeah, if u have the right paint..
What do u gusy suggest for an airbrush?

/Evo
Like CW says. The end result is alot better, but getting there is a longer road..

Some of my paint can only be used with the airbrush, so when I need it, it's there.

It's really just the task of cleaning it before you can paint another color..

I always use "Alclad II" paint for mine, made right down the srteet from my casa...
Tampa FL

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein