Widebody?

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Widebody?

Post by TheEvo »

Hi guys
I dont really know what it is called, so i couldn't search, but you know with pullback wheels, then in the rear they stick out.. So my question how do i make it wider, so its the same in each side.

Is it fenders?

/Evo
Do i need a better signature?
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

you can either shave the back off the gear or you can lengthen the spacer or you can deal with it since it doesnt really effect performance.
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

Either its you or me, but i want to make the body wider.

/Evo
Do i need a better signature?
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

If you race on a track with guard rails, it will affect the performance because when the body hits the rail, it slides, but when the tires hit they stick and sometimes make the car spin. Some bodies are naturally wider than others. The S2000 seems to give a fair amount of width to cover the tires. Other than than, yeah, you need to make a wide-body by flaring the fenders.

One way I have thought about doing it but haven't attempted yet is this: Take a body that you have 2 of. Say 2 Skylines. Cut one of the bodies into pieces along the panel lines, and take the 4 quarter panels (fenders) and glue them on top of the other body in the respective places. Fill the gaps with putty and sand and paint. You would be able to fit some hugely wide tires under there without them sticking out.
micromatch
bitGangsta'

Post by micromatch »

yea i never thought that pull back stuck out that mutch...but ten when i went over to pimpikes house and saw his mini with pullbucks i tohught he was crazy lol but it still looked good as hell..but i was thinkin it would be hell of coo with front pullbacks on the back and front nad then use the back p ull backs on a truck like the chevy silverado yagbols made
is this thing on?
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

Another way (and I'm going to try it) is doing basically the same thing one would do to stretch a body. cut one in half the long way, and test fit it over the chassis for measurement. Then take another one and cut a middle strip, the width that you need it to be and glue it all together.
The only drawback is that you may have to paint the whole body if you're not precise enough with your cuts.
blacktop racer

Post by blacktop racer »

use putty thats what i did
--See You On The Blacktop--
N2O

Post by N2O »

oops...
lose alot
bitThug

Post by lose alot »

blacktop racer wrote:use putty thats what i did
yeah thats what i did also, just like making ground affects. if you really want me to i can post pics....

lose/chickin
pope > martin luther
lutherans = devil