i was wondering...would this work?

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

i was wondering...would this work?

Post by stampede_dude »

i put big lego wheels on my ZZ once and it wouldnt turn.i have heard people say that is the weakness of the steering return spring.if you pop open a floppy disk,there is a return return spring on the metal piece that guards the information disk.i was wodering if the spring in the floppy would work in a ZZ to make it turn better?i dont have the big wheels on it anymore,so i cant test.it seems like the steering magnet is pretty strong in my cars, but could it handle the spring?
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

first i think floppy springs are ferrous(have iron in them). so they wont work. second they are too thick for what you want. also they are the wrong size dude.

betty uses 2 or 3 stock springs in his lego wheeled rides.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

hey

Post by stampede_dude »

ok cool.like i said in a different post im kinda new to this stuff and i dont want to chance breaking anything.i really wanna do a better lego wheel mod once i get some more spare stuff but for now i cant really test on anything because its all ive got.again thanks for the response.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

if you only have one car to test with i wouldnt do it then man. haha. bits are meant to be broken.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

hey

Post by stampede_dude »

yeah i have 2 cars but one is my old clone that i put a 9v turbo on and i took it off...it works..but i am afraid illhave to switch the motor wires because i got them wrong and it needs and axle,middle gear,and motor with gear and i dont want to take them off my ZZ.btw hog sorry for acting like a fag in that other post,no hard feelings.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

uhh ya you dont have to kiss anyone's butt.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

have a look in this article, lovingly converted to "cabovision" (tm)!

http://www.bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/a ... =40&catId=

there's a few tricks and tips for getting the most from the front end :cool:
i used to be cool