Jada Toys Import Racers

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
Sdog
bitPimp

Jada Toys Import Racers

Post by Sdog »

Have any of you guys used these for parts?

http://www.jadatoys.com/ir_1-64_evo8whtw3.html

Found these for $2.99 in KB toys and they look like they would be useful parts for customizations....steering wheel, seats, exhaust, rear spoiler. I particularly want to know if you can use the wheels....dremel out the center and attach them to a bit axel and knuckles. They look a little on the big side and I'm not sure if the tires ar rubber.

Any info. would be appreciated.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Hey, dog, your link don't work!! :???:

But to answer your question, yes, I've used Dub City, and Import Tuners for parts, they are both made by Jada Toys I think. Check out "Project SG" in the Custom Jobs section.
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

sg219 wrote:Hey, dog, your link don't work!! :???:

But to answer your question, yes, I've used Dub City, and Import Tuners for parts, they are both made by Jada Toys I think. Check out "Project SG" in the Custom Jobs section.
sg...thanks for the info. Those parts on looking nice on your car's interior. But what I would really like to know is if anyone has used the Jada toys "Import Racer" wheels. I see you used ZZ wheels on that project.

BTW...link seems to be working ok for me.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Actually, on that project, I used ZZ knuckles and wide tires, but the hubcaps from a Muscle Tuner.

I think DarkTari has used them by sanding them thin, then using them like a hubcap. It tough to use the actual wheel, because the tire doesn't sit flat. It has a slight angle to it because there isn't that center rib like on ZZ wheels to keep the center of the tire raised. Rip it apart, you'll see the difference.
Last edited by sg219 on Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Actually, I'm pretty sure he used the Import Racer wheels as caps on those zz fatties...

And I have a thing in the works with a set of caps like that and shaved-thin brake discs from another die-cast that only works on a zz and only looks good with the front tires from motorworks cars... someday I'll finish that lol...

And I'm also pretty sure Finks used Import Racer wheels as caps on his zz RX-7, and those looked hella cool.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Yeah I did and thanks Bird. :-) The tires just come off if you shave the back, but they are crap. Zip tires do the trick better.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc