popped the cherry......

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
HirotoR34
bitPimp

popped the cherry......

Post by HirotoR34 »

Right now, I'm kinda stalled on mods. Waiting on parts, cars, and paint, so I was bored. I noticed this Zip, sitting on my shelf looking really dumb with a Ram shell on it.
I origionally bought this ZZ for the H2 shell, and having never really modded one, (let alone own one) which gave me an idea. First, the ZZ rims weren't cutting it, so I performed Dr. Finklesworth's import racer wheel mod :-) .
Then I started rummaging through old bit parts and found some cells, dusted off the old soldering gear and went to work. The dremel was lookin lonely, so I started cutting and grinding (that shit gets everywhere)
Further digging through parts, I found a MT motor. Big fun....

Hemi Ram? possible SRT-10? No boredom here......

Last edited by HirotoR34 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

wow man, that's cool.
I don't know if I just haven't been paying attention closely enough or what but it sure seems like lately... you've been pumpin out the mods.
You and your lady still together? lol
I dunno, but I like it. :lol:

good work dude. :afro:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

MT motor you say? :???:
That gives me an idea. Nice job hiroto, now throw some paint on that shell. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

I'd say you're right. It's pretty hard to manage family time and mod time. I was kinda out of the game for a while, (didn't have the funds for it) so I figured it was time to catch up! :driving:

@ sess: I want to paint it, kinda burnt out on colors. Any ideas?

(considering a flame job)
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Somebody has got to do a damn truck black with blue flames or else I'll haveta do it myself.
I take it you're planning on that ram body? If so then I gotta say nothing looks meaner than jet black and chrome. :-)

Edit- This aint bad either.

MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

I'd like to find a transparent pearl orange and spray it over yellow. That would be cool. Black with flames would look hot though........ :???:
Username
bitThug

Post by Username »

great work, hiroto
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

Nice, i like it a lot, but i bet runtimes are shit with those low mah cells right? espically with the MT motor.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

stagg wrote:Nice, i like it a lot, but i bet runtimes are shit with those low mah cells right? espically with the MT motor.
I'd be willing to bet you never gave those 100mah cells a full charge. They'll take a 6-7 minute charge from 2 (fresh) AAAs, and produce about a 45 minute runtime in a slightly modified Zip. Those Tomy cells are about half that, but when properly cycled will produce more punch. I prefer NiCd over NiMH. I think 200mah cells are a silly investment. Sooner or later people will start to listen to me.

Anyways, sorry for the rant, and on to Hiroto's project...

Nice work dude. I dig the Hemi concept. (Though I'm sick of hearing of Hemi's. :lol: )

With all you guys out there moving to bigger motors, I've updated Project Prostocker with a Super Slicks motor, and 3.8:1 KITT Racer gears. So I'm still not afraid to say, "Wanna race?" 8-)
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

nice. looks like good base for a lowrider :grin::grin:
gotta try that motor now 8-)
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

crazydave wrote:
stagg wrote:Nice, i like it a lot, but i bet runtimes are shit with those low mah cells right? espically with the MT motor.
I'd be willing to bet you never gave those 100mah cells a full charge. They'll take a 6-7 minute charge from 2 (fresh) AAAs, and produce about a 45 minute runtime in a slightly modified Zip. Those Tomy cells are about half that, but when properly cycled will produce more punch. I prefer NiCd over NiMH. I think 200mah cells are a silly investment. Sooner or later people will start to listen to me.

Anyways, sorry for the rant, and on to Hiroto's project...

Nice work dude. I dig the Hemi concept. (Though I'm sick of hearing of Hemi's. :lol: )

With all you guys out there moving to bigger motors, I've updated Project Prostocker with a Super Slicks motor, and 3.8:1 KITT Racer gears. So I'm still not afraid to say, "Wanna race?" 8-)

Defintely lighter motor weight. It packs a punch off the line, but likes to flip. Needs wheelie bars and taller gearing.

That's definitely one of my favorite cars. The power of the rat compels me...
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

but an extra bevel gear on the motor armuture shaft?
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

crazydave wrote: I've updated Project Prostocker with a Super Slicks motor, and 3.8:1 KITT Racer gears. So I'm still not afraid to say, "Wanna race?" 8-)
As if it needed updating....the thing was already leaping off the the floor for christ sake.....you crazy.
BOURBON TIME OUT!
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

Hence the handle "Crazy Dave". Not "Mentally unstable Dave", or "Semi Troubled Dave", just crazy.......dave. :-)
JDM-R34
bitGangsta'

Post by JDM-R34 »

That thing is bad, how is the top end speed vs. a normal ZZ motor?
:cool:
DRIFT HAPPENS