Dub city cars? help me out!

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
CharG_tuner
bitHood

Dub city cars? help me out!

Post by CharG_tuner »

about these dub city cars, can you actualy use the rims and tires for a bit?
and if so, could i pick sum a these things up at toys r us?
-Char-G Tuner
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Ya, you can use the rims. The tires aren't that good, but you can use the rims.

The trick is to get the tires to be level on the rims. The rims have a slight angle to them. I tried to use thin pieces of electical tape wrapped around the rim. It works OK, but there has to be a better way.

I saw someone (I think it was crazydave) post something about cutting bit rims in half and gluing them to the Dubs to solve the problem.

I currently have this problem, so if I come up with anything I'll let you know.

I found it.... :-D

Quote from crazydave post from somewhere in wheel mods......

They're really easy to get off the die-cast. Mounting them on your car is a little bit harder.

The fronts are pretty easy. I just use a scribe to poke a hole in the front, being careful to keep it centered. The backs are a little trickier, because it's a little harder to glue them on the axle, so they are straight when they spin.

Also you should note that the tires that come on those rims are really hard, so you'll need to put bit, or Zip Zap tires on them. They are just a tad too narow for the bit tires so they want to slip behind. I sawed bit rims in half, and used those to widen my rims. Then they were the right width for the tire, but the tire sunk down in the middle, so I superglued a piece of solid core wire to the rim, to push the tire up in the center. now my tires have a nice flat contact patch, and stay on fine too.
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

oops sorry for the diff. size pics but yea. those are dubs=]
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

What inquiring minds really want to know is...
What the hell is the white fuzzy stuff?
Spider eggs or velcro? :lol:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

lol its velcro..i couldnt find any other way to put it on
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Hey Finks-

When you say "Import Tunerz," are you talking about the ones made by Muscle Machines? Or is it the Jada Toys or Hot Wheels?
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

I think the Jada Toys ones, yeah that's right. :?
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

I saw someone (I think it was crazydave) post something about cutting bit rims in half and gluing them to the Dubs to solve the problem.

That Be Me !

I take an Import Racer, Dub City or whatever, File it to the thickness/diameter of a ZZ hub cap
and mount them on ZipZap Hubs then used Tomy tyres. No balance/offset problems....

crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

DarkTari wrote:

That Be Me !
No actually that be me. Reread his post, he even found what I had said. (He just didn't put it in the quote format)

Anyways that was the first time I did a die-cast wheel mod. I had sawed a bit rims in half, and glued the back half to the dub city wheels, because they were way too narrow for the Microsizer tires I used. That was way more complicated than it had to be, so ever since I saw the way you been doing it, I've been doing the same.

This is really the best method I think. Because it uses the stock wheels, it is no different than changing hubcaps on any other Zip Zap wheel, so there are no ill effects on handling. If you just use a tiny dab of superglue, you can pry it right off if you want to change your look.

Here's an example:

I had to dremel off most of the middle bump, and make an indentation in the back o f the die cast wheel . On the front I just made a hole all the way through the diecast to let the pin through.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Yeah, but where are you guys getting all the extra ZZ front wheels?
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

My Bad Cavey...... :?
SuperFly wrote:Yeah, but where are you guys getting all the extra ZZ front wheels?
The 1st time I did it I just stripped a Series I ZZ and used the knuckes and all.
Since then I've gotten them from the speed upgrade kits......
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yup, I use all the 12:1 gears out of the gears sets. :good:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

i didnt think about filing the wheel down.... well anyways mine have some wobble to them and using it your way will solve the problem :-o